Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is funding five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue a degree program in Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford.
The AIG Scholarship awards are aimed at graduates within the ages of 25 and 35 with strong intellectual competence, exceptional academic accomplishments, leadership skills, and a passion to add to the development of Africa’s public sector. After graduation, AIG Scholars will be required to return to their home nation and use their learning experience as change agents in their nation’s public sector.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Offered Annually? Yes till 2022
Eligible Countries: Nigeria and Ghana
To Be Taken At (Country): Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford, UK
Eligible Field of Study: Master of Public Policy
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Scholarship Award: The AIG Scholarship awards are fully funded, providing fees, accommodation, and living costs, but does not provide travel or visa costs, however.
Duration of Program: 1 year
Eligibility for Africa Initiative for Governance Scholarships at University of Oxford
To be eligible, applicants must;
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be within the ages of 25 and 35 years (should not be 36 years old by December 31, 2020)
- Possess a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honors (or equal foreign qualifications), as a minimum, in any field. For candidates with a degree from the United States, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be within the top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – proof to be presented
- Offer proof of game-changing leadership and resultant influence
- Display talents and interests outside of academics (proof to be provided)
How to Apply for Africa Initiative for Governance Scholarships at University of Oxford
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
- 15th October 2020
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here