Charles Sturt University in Australia is taking applications for the AGRTP International Scholarship award in the 2021/22 academic year.
AGRTP International scholarship award is granted to postgraduate researchers from abroad with excellent promise on the basis of academic advantage and research prospect. Further details regarding the Australian Government’s Research Training Program (AGRTP) is obtainable on the Department of Education and Training website.
AGRTP International scholarship awards are typically tenable for three years for Research Doctorate programs, and two years for Research Masters programs subject to acceptable progress.
An extension of up to six months may be awarded for Research Doctorate applicants, where CSU is content that the extension is on the basis of grounds which are outside the control of the applicant and relate to their research programs, instead of a personal nature.
Worth of AGRTP International Scholarship at Charles Sturt University
- Stipend Full-Time: $28,092 each year (2020 rate), payable in fortnightly instalments to a designated Australian bank account.
- Tuition Fees: AGRTP-International scholarship award applicants are excluded from fees for a time equivalent to three years (six academic sessions) for PhD/Research Doctorate OR two years (four academic sessions) for Research Masters at full-time program.
- Operating Funds: Scholarship award applicants are awarded an allowance to help with the repayment of costs associated with a applicant’s research.
- Relocation Stipend: Scholarship award applicants may be qualified to obtain a relocation stipend for the expense of relocating themselves, their spouse, and dependent relatives to a Charles Sturt campus, to at most AUD $5,000.
- Health insurance: All foreign students schooling in Australia are expected to secure and maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). An AGRTP-International scholarship provides the expense of a standard OSHC policy for the applicant for three (3) years (full-time equivalent). This scholarship award does not provide the expense of OSHC for dependents.
- Scholarship award applicants are entitled to paid yearly leave 20 working days each year, 10 paid sick leave days each year and may be qualified for up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave with the length of the scholarship award.
Eligibility for AGRTP International Scholarship at Charles Sturt University
AGRTP International scholarship awards are typically for full-time schooling towards higher degrees by research. These scholarship awards are very competitive, and only candidates who satisfy the following eligibility conditions will be given consideration:
- Starting a Charles Sturt University HDR program, or presently enrolled
- Enrolling or presently enrolled as a full-time scholar who will be schooling on a Charles Sturt University campus
AGRTP International scholarship awards will not be obtainable to those who:
- Are registered simultaneously in any other program, unless it is important to the success of the HDR, or rare circumstances exist and are accepted.
- Are obtaining another Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship award
AGRTP-International scholarship awards are typically tenable for three years for Research Doctorate programs, and two years for Research Masters programs contingent on satisfactory progress.
An extension of up to six months may be awarded for Research Doctorate applicants, where CSU is contented the extension is on the basis of grounds which are outside the control of the applicant and relate to their research program, instead of a personal nature.
Scholarship award recipients are entitled to paid yearly leave 20 working days each year, 10 paid sick leave days each year and may be qualified for up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave with the length of the scholarship award.
How to Apply for AGRTP International Scholarship at Charles Sturt University
Candidates have to apply online through one of the following options. Applications submitted through email will not be taken.
- Prospective Higher Degree by Research applicants can put in for an AGRTP International Scholarship award when finishing their Charles Sturt program admission application.
- International applicants presently enrolled in a Charles Sturt HDR program should complete a separate scholarship award application.
2022 Round applications are now available and will end 5.00pm AEST Friday 30 July 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here