The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world. The scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 Ph.D. students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Continue reading this article to find out about ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
The institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences is currently the leading founding member of ANSO. The school is the sponsor of the ANSO Scholarship. It also welcomes all members and parties who are interested in creating a more diverse scholarship program together.
ANSO is a non-profit, non-governmental international scientific organization. It was established in 2018 by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and 36 other international science and education institutions from around the world.
The institute emerged under the principles of joint consultation, joint effort, and joint sharing promoted by the Chinese Belt and Road Initiative. ANSO is committed to enhancing shared development, sustainable development, and the improvement of the UN SDGs through catalyzing and executing concrete international cooperation initiatives in Science, Technology & Innovation, and Capacity Building (STIC).
ANSO is anticipated that ANSO will focus its attention on the investigation and addressing of the most urgent regional and global scientific challenges. This focus includes supporting the needs and scientific capacity building of the Global South through partnerships and cooperation with the member countries and institutions.
The institute is an international organization designed to win global recognition and support through continuous activity, sound scientific programs and actions, and success in addressing global needs and challenges.
Worth of ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China covers tuition waiver, a monthly stipend of 3000 RMB and 6000RMB for masters and Ph.D. students respectively, health insurance, application fee waiver, and travel subsidy from home country to China
Eligibility for ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China
- You must not hold Chinese citizenship to be qualified for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be skilled in English or Chinese.
- To be qualified for ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China master’s program, you must have been born after 1 January 1991.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates for the Ph.D. program must have been born after 1 January 1986.
- You must not take up other assignments during the period of his or her scholarship
- Scholars must be willing to abide by Chinese laws and USTC/UCAS regulations and rules to be qualified.
- Note that if you are currently pursuing a master’s degree at any university/institution in China, you are not qualified for the master’s program of this scholarship. If you are currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, you are not eligible for the Ph.D. program of this scholarship. Otherwise, you will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to your current university/institution.
- You should also note that you are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS concurrently, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
Documents Required for ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China
- A copy of International Passport
- A CV with a brief introduction of research experience
- Some copies of all university certificates
- Two reference letters
- A detailed research proposal
- Some photocopies of title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers
- Evidence of knowledge of English and/or Chinese
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
How to Apply for ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China
If you are interested in ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China and eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents in China
The application deadline for the scholarship is March 31, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other China scholarships here