Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme in USA 2021
Ashoka and Boehringer Ingelheim in Africa are accepting applications from social innovation and Healthcare entrepreneurs for her Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme in 2021.
Since 2011, Ashoka – one of the biggest networks of social entrepreneurs in the world and Boehringer Ingelheim – a family-owned world foremost and research-focused Pharmaceutical organization, have worked together to create and grow the international initiative – Making More Health (MMH).
Making More Health brings together the best experience in social innovation and global healthcare to improve health-care access for people, animals and their communities around the world.
The Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme is an organized, 11-month business accelerator program provided under the MMH Initiative that backs social entrepreneurs with well-defined start-ups in the health space with a chance to reinforce and scale their work through the reach and operations of a multinational healthcare organization through co-creation.
Through the Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme, participants are provided with tailored access to expertise and capacity building to unlock their next phase of growth. A unique feature of the program is its co-creation approach – which involves participating social entrepreneurs working hand-in-hand with Boehringer Ingelheim employees to collaboratively design and implement relevant interventions.
At the conclusion of the accelerator, social entrepreneurs with successful intercessions will have the chance to present their solutions to Boehringer Ingelheim’s leadership team and also social investors to bring in additional investment.
A key highlight of the program is its co-creation approach that links Boehringer Ingelheim employees and participating social enterprises (based on relevant skills and expertise), so they may continue to collaborate around shared solutions for healthcare access. Upon exiting the accelerator program, participants join a growing alumni community of like-minded social entrepreneurs with continued access to technical support, best practice sharing and networking.
Worth of Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme
- Training (both virtual and in-person) on business growth and scaling strategies, investor engagement and pitching, tailored to the strategic needs of your organization.
- Access to technical know-how (in-person) in strategy, finance, information technology, operations, marketing and social investing, and so on, to assist you address strategic capacity gaps particular to your establishment.
- Access to strategic networks comprising social investors, foremost social entrepreneurs in the health care field and executive team associates from Boehringer Ingelheim and Ashoka.
- Funding of up to Euros 50k in cash plus additional in-kind expertise valued at Euros 100k.
Investor engagement support including preparation of investor engagement materials and facilitated access to investors.
Eligibility for Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme
- Social entrepreneurs with well-established startups in the human (non- communicable diseases) or animal health space are encouraged to apply if their organizations meet the following criteria;
- Late-stage start-ups (minimum of two years old) in human health (non-communicable illnesses) or animal health.
- A fully registered legal entity that is at least two years old.
- Post revenue with a product, customers and sales.
- Established with an office, team, basic systems and processes in place.
- Operating in Kenya, Ghana or Nigeria.
- Willing to work with a pharmaceutical organization like Boehringer Ingelheim in a co-creation approach.
- Capacity to dedicate a full-time resource(s) to execute MMH Accelerator activities.
- Potential to create shared-value through co-creation
- The disruptive potential of innovation
- Strategic fit for Boehringer Ingelheim
How to Apply for Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme
The application is online through Ventures Capital for Africa website.
- Legal Entity: Business or Social Enterprise
- Age: At least three years of operation
- Sector: Any sector that contributes directly or indirectly to human or animal health.
- Country of operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
- Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual sales revenue.
- Impact: Clear metrics and evidence of impact
- Team: Strong team with the right size and level of competency
Deadline: Applications are due by February 07, 2021
Visit here for more details and to apply
Not interested in Ashoka MMH Accelerator Programme? See other USA scholarships here