Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023
The research and study opportunities provided by the Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development in their own countries. Candidates who want to accept a Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia stating that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
Students are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after they might have completed their scholarship. But failure to do this will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total flow cost of their scholarship.
The Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships is open for online applications for international students. The Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to add to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with regional and bilateral agreements.
The Australia Awards Scholarships also provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to venture into a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Worth of the Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a mandatory program before the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia.
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, through the most direct route.
- There is Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Full tuition fees waiver or discount.
- Supplementary academic support may be available to make sure a scholar’s academic success or improve their academic experience.
- Establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution for accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials.
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover each candidate basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions).
Eligibility for the Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship
- To be qualified for this scholarship, you must be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- You must not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- To be eligible for the Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships, you must be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases.
- Candidates must not be current serving military personnel.
- You must not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless you have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia;
- To be eligible, you must not hold convictions or currently under investigation of criminal activities including those relating to Child Protection and PSEAH.
- Scholars under the Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) who have finished their secondary school education in Australia in the previous year are qualified to apply for a long-term Australia Award
- Candidates should have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship.
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken.
How to Apply for the Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships
- Visit the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) (Link given at the end of this article). Please note that when you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your qualification. You will then be given a unique registration number, username, and password.
- Candidates do not need to submit his/her application immediately. You can also set up a draft application form and update it, and your supporting documentation, until the designated closing date as on the important participating country profile.
- Please note that when submitted, your application cannot be changed. We advise candidates applying online to do so well before the closing date. OASIS experiences top usage in the days leading up to the closing date and candidates may experience delays.
Application Deadline for the Fully-funded Undergraduate and Postgraduate Australia Awards Scholarships
The application deadline to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships is 31st May 2022.
Official Website: Visit Here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here