Every year the University of Waterloo provides a lot of entrance scholarships and awards, including the Brian Hendley Entrance Scholarship, to exceptional students. Entrance bursaries are also obtainable to assist candidates in financial need.
Established in 1959, the University of Waterloo is famous for its successful programs in Canadian co-operative studies, together with leadership programs and seminars. The institution has academic programs provided by six faculties and ten schools. Waterloo is at the vanguard of novelty and is home to transformational research and motivated learning. Situated in the heart of Canada’s technology hub, they are growing a network of international collaborations that will shape the future by operating beyond disciplines and creating bridges with industry, institutions and communities.
At Canada’s technology center, the university is creating a network of global academic partnerships to create a better future across disciplinary borders and by linking up with industrial, educational and cultural institutions and communities.
At the University of Waterloo, candidates have access to trusted advice and leadership from their professional career counsellors.
Past students of the university are from Canada and over 150 nations; a first-class group of graduates, and also representatives of government and business leaders, have become Waterloo alumni.
Brian Hendley Entrance Scholarship Description:
The University of Waterloo grants the Brian Hendley Entrance Scholarship to national and foreign candidates for the 2021/2022 semester. One scholarship award, valued at $3,000, is presented yearly to an exceptional candidate entering Year One of any program in the Faculty of Arts (with the exemption of Accounting and Financial Management) at the University of Waterloo. This scholarship award honours Brian Hendley who served as Dean of the Faculty of Arts from 1991 to 1999 and who continues to lecture in the Department of Philosophy.
- Host University: University of Waterloo,
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Undergraduate;
- Scholarship Type: Tuition Award;
- Scholarship Worth: 3,000$
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2021.
The Scholarship award is obtainable in all courses in the Faculty of Arts, except Management Financial and Accounting.
Benefits of Brian Hendley Entrance Scholarship
The scholarship award is valued at $3,000 for exceptional candidates in their first year of any University of Waterloo Faculty of Arts program.
Eligibility for Brian Hendley Entrance Scholarship
To be granted admission, the applicants have to satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Possess any former diploma certificates they may have had.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their academic accomplishments.
- Entrance scholarships, grants, and bursaries are for full-time, first-year candidates who are in a degree program and starting university or college for the first time in September 2021.
- You’ll be given consideration automatically for the majority of scholarship awards when you apply.
- A tiny number of scholarships and awards need an application – these are specified in the database.
- An application is also needed for the entrance bursary program.
- Special note for candidates to Mathematics and Computer Science programs: Given the present COVID-19 outbreak, involvement in the Euclid Mathematics Contest will NOT be a compulsory part of a scholarship or admission decisions for fall 2020. You will not be reprimanded in any way for not taking part in the Euclid this year.
How to Apply for Brian Hendley Entrance Scholarship
- Applicants are expected to have been granted admission to an undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo. Once admitted, candidates will be considered for this scholarship award automatically.
- Candidates have to include diploma certificates, transcripts and a CV together with their application.
- To be accepted, applicants have to satisfy the admission criteria of the program they have selected.
- If the English language is not your native language, you are required to provide evidence of your English adeptness: IELTS, TOEFL, and any other acceptable documentation.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here