You are interested in pursuing an education in China. We are glad to inform you that Chinese Government Scholarship is currently ongoing an application at Zhejiang University. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Chinese Government Scholarship created by the Ministry of Education of China aims to develop exceptional international talent and enhance the insight of China’s educational institution. The scholarship seeks to support postgraduate students who are keen about obtaining quality education to apply to be trained in a Chinese university. You are urged to apply before the application deadline.
Zhejiang University is a public research university, and a member of the elite C9 League. The university is also based in Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province. It was established in 1897 and the university is one of China’s oldest, most selective, and most reputable institutions of higher education.
The university is organized into 7 faculties, 37 colleges, schools, and departments offering over 140 undergraduate and 300 graduate programs. Zhejiang University is also a Chinese national Class A Double First Class University and is an active member of the Yangtze Delta Universities Alliance, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, the Worldwide Universities Network, the International Association of Universities, and the Global University Network for Innovation.
However, among the faculty of more than 4,000 are 52 members from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 15 Distinguished Professors of Humanites (文科资深教授), 101 Chang Jiang Scholars, and 154 recipients of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars.
Zhejiang University has about 6 academic libraries and its library collection in its whole contains over 7.9 million volumes, making it one of China’s largest academic collections. The university includes 7 affiliated hospitals, 1 museum, 2 international joint institutes, and boasts more than 200 student organizations.
As of 2021, the university is rated 5th in Asia by the QS Asian University Rankings. In recent years, Zhejiang University is rated in the world’s top 100 universities according to some of the most-widely cited university rankings in the world such as the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE) and the QS World University Rankings (QS).
However, regarding research output, the Nature Index 2020 rates the university 6th in China, 7th in the Asia-Pacific and 18th in the world among the global academic universities.
Worth of Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University
- The Chinese Government Scholarship covers Tuition waiver, stipend, free accommodation on campus and comprehensive medical insurance.
Eligibility for Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University
- To be qualified for Chinese Government Scholarship, you must meet the minimum eligibility for postgraduate admissions of Zhejiang University.
- Each candidate must display strong academic and leadership abilities to be eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Only candidates with Bachelor’s Degree Diplomas acquired from top 500 world universities according to the Shanghai Ranking or Zhejiang University ’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship.
Documents Required for Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University
- An application form for Chinese Government Scholarship filled in Chinese or in English pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mmx45mm in size).
- A photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
How to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University
If you are interested in Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University and you are qualified for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University
The application deadline for Chinese Government Scholarship is February 28, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other China scholarships here