The Clinton Global Initiative University program is welcoming higher education student leaders who are devoted to taking action in their community to tackle a pressing challenge. They are seeking undergraduate and graduate candidates all over the world who are inspired to make a positive change in the areas of education, peace and human rights, environment and climate change, poverty alleviation, and public health.
Established by Bill Clinton in 2007, the Clinton Global Initiative University builds on the idea of engaging the future generation of leaders on college campuses all over the world. The objective is to challenge candidates from across the world to commit to new projects that solves critical concerns.
Since the establishment of the Clinton Global Initiative University Program in 2007, more than 7,000 commitments have been done, and funding of over $4M has been granted to commitment makers via CGI U.
Every year, the Clinton Global Initiative University unites undergraduate and graduate candidates from various parts of the world, who are dedicated to taking action in their community to tackle a pressing problem and who are inspired to enforce a positive change in areas of education, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation, environment and climate change, and public health.
Admitted candidates will get to take part in a year-round program that comprises access to a social impact curriculum; funding streams; high-touch mentorship; and student engagement events, and also the CGI U 2021 virtual annual meeting that will be held by Howard University.
Applicants will be granted extra programming via the following collaborations:
- Partnership with Peter G. Peterson Foundation for civic matters and fiscal sustainability.
- Partnership with IBM to help candidates build app-based projects that address Coronavirus.
- Partnership with Call for Code for climate change.
- Partnership with Verizon to assist students create innovative technology solutions to critical domestic problems.
Eligibility for Clinton Global Initiative University Program
To be qualified to apply for this program, the candidate should have never been accepted to CGU, be a minimum of 18 years of age, and registered in an institution of higher learning at the period of application.
How to Apply for Clinton Global Initiative University Program
Applications will be assessed by the Clinton global initiative university Selection board, and all applicants will be informed about the final decision in February 2021.
The Committee is devoted to choosing a group of candidates with different backgrounds, regions, institutions, experiences, project areas, and academic studies, and who display the capacity to grow their leadership ability and skills, the motivation to address specific challenges, and a devotion to CGI U’s year-long program.
CGI U 2021 Program Schedule:
Admitted CGI U candidates will have to attend and fully take part in the four online modules activities. The average time needed for each module is 3 hours.
- Module One: February 2021.
- Module Two: March 2021.
- Module Three: April 2021.
- Module Four: May 1, 2021 – November 2021.
CGI U Graduation Requirements:
Commitment mentors will assess and supervise candidates’ engagement in the CGI U curriculum and ensure that they are satisfying graduation conditions.
So as to conclude the program and become qualified for CGI U’s recommendation letters, Commitment-Maker seal, and some other opportunities, candidates have to complete the following over the course:
- Involvement in one, hour-long small group discussion/ module, which implies 4 in total, they will be arranged by Commitment Mentors.
- Assessment of CGI U’s 30-minute webinar recordings and readings, and conclusion of all associated exercises (the webinar are contained on the online platform).
- Conclude one 30-minute personal coaching session with their Commitment Mentor per module.
- Production of Commitment to the Action progress report.
- Friday, January 15 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here