Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships for Engineering Students at Southern Cross University Australia 2022/2023
Are you interested in pursuing an education in Australia? We are happy to inform you that Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships is currently ongoing application for Engineering at Southern Cross University. In this article, we will discuss more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships is offered for Bachelor degree in the field of Civil Engineering. The Southern Cross University is offering Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships in Australia, 2022 for engineering undergraduate students.
Southern Cross University is an Australian public university with its campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales, and at Coolangatta, the most southern suburb of the Gold Coast in Queensland.
The university is rated in the top 100 young universities in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The original forerunner institution to Southern Cross University was the Lismore Teachers’ College, which began operation on 23 February 1970, at what is now the Northern Rivers Conservatorium site.
The Lismore Teachers College became a College of Advanced Education, under the Higher Education Act 1969 on 1 September 1971 with the institution soon renamed Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education in 1973.
Southern Cross University was founded on 1 January 1994. In 2010, the university opened a new campus in the southern Gold Coast area of Queensland, at Coolangatta just 400 metres from North Kirra Beach and adjacent to the Gold Coast International Airport.
In 2019, a new health sciences building was opened at the Coffs Harbour campus funded from the Australian Government’s Community Development Grants program. Southern Cross University is rated 33rd in Australia according to the QS World University Rankings, falling the bottom 15% among the included Australian public universities.
Southern Cross University has been rated at the 101-110th best universities in the Asia-Pacific region for 2019 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The university is ranked at world standard or above in 24 research areas by Excellence in Research for Australia 2015, and rated number one in Australia for International student support for the third consecutive year.
The university was rated number two in Australia for overall learning experience by the International Student Barometer 2015. However, staff and students at Southern Cross University undertake research in a broad range of areas which include civil engineering, crop and pasture production, ecology, education, environmental science and management, complementary and alternative medicine, fisheries sciences, nursing, oceanography, policy and administration, forestry sciences, geochemistry, human movement and sports science, human rights research, information technology, philosophy and ethics, resources engineering and extractive metallurgy, tourism, and zoology.
Worth of Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships for Engineering Students
- All successful candidates of Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships will receive a minimum of AUD 8,000.
- The value of the scholarship is partial funding.
Eligibility for Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships for Engineering Students
- To be qualified for Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- You must be enrolled in the Bachelor’s program in Civil Engineering at the University to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Each candidate must have completed the first year of the study program to be qualified for Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships.
- You must reside with the Coffs Coast which includes Coffs Harbour LGA and Bellingen LGA to be eligible for the scholarship.
- To be qualified, you have to submit a curriculum vitae and a personal essay.
- Please note that preference will be given, but not limited, to candidates who can display a connection with the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area.
How to Apply for Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships for Engineering Students
- If you are interested in Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships and you are qualified for the scholarship, visit the website to apply.
- You can also follow this procedure to apply for the scholarship:
Go to My Enrolment
Select the Find a Reward, Scholarship or Prize button on the Rewards Summary page
Select 2022 as the Offering Year
Click the Select button next to the Reward you wish to apply for
Select the Apply button next to the related offering period for the Reward you wish to apply for.
Application Deadline for Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarships for Engineering Students
The application deadline for the scholarship is January 30, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here