Construction Industry Solutions (COINS) welcomes applications from eligible candidates for the COINS Grand Challenge for undergraduates and entrepreneurs in the built environment in 2021.
The COINS Grand Challenge is an international contest to discover innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders with concepts that can enhance the built environment. There are two categories in the competition; the Open Competition and the Undergraduate Competition.
Do you possess a viable idea that makes use of a new or developing technology to radically reduce expenses, improve efficiency or increase sustainability, quality or compliance during construction or all through the built life cycle? Get in to win cash prizes, R&D funding, venture capital in your business and exposure to prominent leaders.
What new and evolving technology will have the biggest impact on business in coming years and how might those technologies be used for the built environment, whether at the period of construction or all through the built life cycle? They are looking for students from all over the world who have passion about working within the construction sector.
They have an objective to discover people from all over the world with ground-breaking ideas that have the power to positively influence the built environment, and the society.
Worth of COINS Grand Challenge
- Travel and networking chances to the COINS User Conference 2021.
- $6,000 for the Open Competition champion
- $4000 for the Undergraduate Competition champion
- $3000 for the Open Competition runner-up
- $2000 for the Undergraduate Competition runner-up
- COINS is providing two special optional prizes for what it see as the most talented software-related submissions in the COINS Grand Challenge. The beneficiary will get a 3-month internship and the runner-up a 2-week work experience appointment with COINS research and development to further grow their ideas
- COINS is providing a special discretionary COINS Investment Prize to the Open competition champion for what it sees to be the most brilliant idea or businesses. The beneficiary of the COINS Investment Prize will be granted an investment of up to $100,000 USD in their business or to start a business so as to further their idea
Eligibility for COINS Grand Challenge
- The idea has to satisfy all criteria for submission specified in the Terms and Conditions.
- The candidate has to present a clear case for how their idea will tackle the competition topic.
- The candidate has to speak English fluently.
- The candidate has to be 18 years of age or older on November 1, 2020.
- The candidate has to be able to be present the Grand Final in Philadelphia, PA, USA on Monday, September 21, 2021.
- The candidate must be able to secure legal entry to the United States for judging if chosen as a finalist.
- The idea has to be able to be applied to the construction sector.
How to Apply for COINS Grand Challenge
- Application for this competition is done online through their portal
- To apply for the competition, you will have to go through 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Create a profile. All fields are compulsory and generates an application account for you.
- STEP 2: Choose the Competition that you want to apply for i.e. Undergraduate or Open. In each competition, the challenge that you are looking to tackle is New & Emerging Technology.
- STEP 3: Create your Entry. For the Undergraduate Competition, you will be required to hand in an 800 to 1000-word essay response to the Challenge on the form given OR instead upload a 3 to 10 minute video. For the Open Competition, you will fill out the online application form comprising 9 questions, each with a permitted number of words.
- Step 4: Save and Complete your Entry. You may SAVE progress on your application at any time and go back to finish it up before the deadline of the competition. When you SAVE & FINALISE your Application Form, the application becomes final, so please make sure that you have worked the idea up completely before you make the final decision to choose that option.
- All dates displayed on the website are in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- If in any doubt, you can get in touch with them at [email protected] OR Check the Guidance Notes and Terms & Conditions on the COINS Grand Challenge website for additional information.
- Applications end June 28, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here