TheGerman Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers DAAD Scholarships for IUSD (Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design) Masters programme at the University of Stuttgart in Germany 2022.
The Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design (IUSD) is a Masters’ degree program held at the University of Stuttgart and Ain Shams University in Cairo. It trains and gets ready a new generation of urban specialists to face the huge environmental, cultural, socio-economic and governance problems stemming from the dynamic urban transformation all over the globe.
It is available to graduates and young professionals from the disciplines of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture and regional planning and also to graduates with other Bachelor degree qualifications and with applicable professional experience.
Teaching at both schools is based on cross-disciplinary teamwork and on site-specific projects in association with local communities and with different stakeholders, establishments and institutions, domestically and globally. IUSD students obtain reflective and practical skills to come up with integrated and trans-disciplinary solutions for planning, managing and structuring landscapes, cities and buildings.
Worth of DAAD Scholarships for IUSD Masters
- Based on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for PhD candidates
- Fund towards health, accident and individual liability insurance cover
- Travel stipend, unless these costs are provided by the home nation or another source of funding
Eligibility for DAAD Scholarships for IUSD Masters
- Putting in for the DAAD Scholarships for IUSD Masters requires a minimum of two years of program-associated professional working experience.
- Candidates from all around the world with globally recognized Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, regional planning or civil engineering.
- Professionals with Bachelor degree qualifications in sociology, geography, environmental management, political science or economics and cultural studies, Arabic, African or Islamic studies with applicable professional experience will also be given consideration but must also offer proof of relevant professional experience in areas related to urban and development planning, architecture, or infrastructure design.
- The Masters programs strongly welcomes applications from young professionals working in state-owned institutions, private sector, civil society enterprises or NGOs all around the world who are interested in IUSD-related topics and who possess a high level of curiosity in knowledge transfer and attaining a social benefit.
- The Admission Commission will afford candidates with work experience or equivalent internship experience special treatment. They would welcome candidates from many various backgrounds and nations.
- The programs aims to bring together young professionals with experience and maturity, who are ready to tackle new problems, be integrative and unprejudiced in their approach to problem-solving.
- Prospective scholars have to be able to recognize and embrace the broad scope of subject matters touched by the program, from the scale of ecologies to constructional architectural detail, and see this a special quality and a crucial asset to their professional and individual skills.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships for IUSD Masters
If you would like to submit an application for the DAAD Scholarships for IUSD Masters, you would need to submit your academic application and credentials at BOTH universities via the online websites AND submit the EPOS application and credentials until October 15 to the epos email address: info[at]iusd.uni-stuttgart.de, attaching the following separate credentials:
– DAAD application form
– Curriculum Vitae (using the Europass Specimen Form for the CV)
– Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Academic Letter/-s of reference from your university: the letter should have a signature and official stamp and has to be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope).
Professional Letter/-s of reference from your employer: the letter should have a signature and official stamp and should be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope). The letters must prove a work experience for the last two years.
- Letter(s) of employment from the employer in the home nation and if possible, an assurance of re-employment upon returning home.
- Please note: Letter(s) of employment have to contain the precise period of employment (by date/day) and the issuance date.
The finished application for DAAD Scholarships for IUSD Masters should reach the school not later than 15 October 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here