University College London (UCL) is taking applications from qualified applicants for the Denys Holland Scholarship award for foreign students in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Denys Holland Scholarship award intends to support undergraduate candidates who without support, would not be able to secure the funding needed to school at UCL.
UCL has been in the enterprise of thinking out of the box since 1826. Thus, being one of its scholars is about so much more than merely obtaining knowledge. Schooling at UCL affords you the chance to realise your prospect as an individual, and the skills and tools to excel in whatever you decide to do.
This is why it is looking for students who are able to display broad interests and plan to be enthusiastically involved in and add to, the life of the university.
Value: £9,000 (per year for three years)
Available to: Prospective Students
Selection criteria: Financial Need
Eligible fee status: UK, Overseas
Eligible programmes: All undergraduate
Further eligibility conditions: Able to display broad interests and plan to be actively involved in, and add to, the life of the university
Deadline: 11.59pm BST, Friday 2 July 2021
Benefits of Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
The scholarship award is worth £9,000 each year for three years, contingent on satisfactory academic progress.
Eligibility for Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
Applicants should hold a/an:
- valid UCL Student Number;
- valid UCAS Personal ID (not UCAS Enrolment number);
- admission offer to UCL for full-time undergraduate study starting in September 2021, in any academic department;
Similarly, applicants should be
- in financial need;
- able to prove that they have broad interests and plan to be actively engaged in and contribute to the life of the university.
How to Apply for Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
- Candidates will be required to express their present outside interests and specify areas of non-academic activity. These comprise interests which they would hope to seek as a student.
- They will also need to supply information on their financial situation and other sources of income being sought to finance their education.
- Further information may be requested by the selection committee.
The Denys Holland Scholarship award is granted based on financial need, subject to candidates demonstrating their plan to play a full part in extracurricular undertakings of UCL and the Students Union.
The Denys Holland Scholarship award Committee convenes in mid-August, and successful applicants can expect to be informed by email in early/mid-September.
- Your scholarship award application can only be given consideration if you have applied for admission to UCL and have a valid UCL Student Number. This can be seen on your admission offer letter or email.
- Please submit an application for UCL Admissions via UCAS and possess a valid UCAS Personal ID. Please be aware that this is not the UCAS enrolment number.
- Please send your completed application through email with a valid UCL Student Number and complete supporting documentation to them prior to the closing date in order for it to be valid.
- You cannot be considered for a scholarship if UCL is your insurance university choice.
- Please complete all relevant fields and write “N/A” if not applicable.
- If you have been granted a scholarship award from an external funding body or any other financial aid for your program at UCL, please also scan the letter informing you of your award. If you have not yet received documentation but have applied, please give details in your supporting statement as we may request a proof at a later stage. You can also submit proof of any relevant present or past Prizes, Grants, or Scholarships that might back your application.
- Please do not scan any documents not required or requested e.g. CV.
- All amount of money referred to have to be in GBP (British Pound Sterling £).
- Before emailing your application, please re-read it carefully for accuracy and make sure you keep a copy of your application for your files.
- The decision of UCL and the Denys Holland Scholarship award Panel is final and we cannot, regrettably, take part in any individual correspondence with candidates before or after that decision.
Friday, July 2, 2021, 11.59 pm BST.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here