The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship at Swansea University in the UK for 2022/2023
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship mainly awarded to one exceptional female student per academic year. The recipient must be a national and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s program within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science.
Applications for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship are currently open for September 2022 Entry. Continue reading this article to find out about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
Swansea University is a public research university based in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. The university was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales. The university changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea in 1996 after structural changes within the University of Wales.
On September 1, 2007, the title of Swansea University was formally adopted when the University of Wales became a non-membership confederal institution and the former members became universities in their own right.
Swansea University has 8 colleges spread throughout two campuses which are based on the coastline of Swansea Bay. The Singleton Park Campus is set on the grounds of Singleton Park to the west of Swansea city center. Moreover, the £450 million Bay Campus, which opened in September 2015, is based adjacent to Jersey Marine Beach to the east of Swansea city center which is in the Neath Port Talbot Area.
The university is the third-largest university in Wales in terms of the number of students. Swansea University currently offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 20,375 undergraduate and postgraduate students
As it was known then, the University College, Swansea, was formed in 1920, opening its doors on 5 October. At the time, it was the youngest of the four colleges of the University of Wales. It was founded on the recommendations of a Royal Commission set up in 1916. The college was established on what was considered the needs and the wants of the local area, and Swansea’s main industries in particular.
Swansea University’s establishment stone was laid in 1920 by King George V in July 1920, welcoming 89 students, of whom eight were female. Subjects taught from the beginning of college were the sciences, mathematics, metallurgy, and engineering.
The university was awarded a coat of arms by the College of Heralds in 1921 with the motto Gweddw Crefft Heb Ei Dawn, translated as technical skill is bereft without culture. In addition, arts subjects were not taught immediately in 1920, but started in the following session, 1921–22.
Swansea University obtained departments of philosophy in 1925, German in 1931, economics in 1937, social policy in 1947, political theory and government in 1954 – the same year that civil engineering and a geography department were added. In 1961, the university became a center for Russian and East European studies, while Italian and Spanish joined the Department of French.
Worth of Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship offers a full tuition fee scholarship to one exceptional female student per academic year.
Eligibility for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
- The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is open for female nationals of EFD Eligible Countries.
- Candidates should hold a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- You should have formally accepted an offer to study one of the following full-time, postgraduate taught Master’s programs at Swansea University for entry in September 2022: Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc; Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc; Child Public Health, MSc; Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc; Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc; Genomic Medicine, MSc; Healthcare Management, MSc; Health Data Science, MSc; Health Informatics, MSc; Long Term and Chronic Conditions Management, MSc; Medical Radiation Physics, MSc; Nanomedicine, MSc; Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc; Research Methods in Psychology, MSc.
- To be eligible for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship, candidates must be new students at Swansea University from September 2022.
- You should not receive any other financial support like tuition fee reduction, scholarship, or bursary from Swansea University.
How to Apply for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
For more details about the scholarship and to apply, click here.
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is May 29, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here