Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students in American University for 2022/2023
Bringing together the best of AU leadership development, academic excellence, and global engagement, the Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students in American University inspires, achieves, and serves with vision. The Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students in American University enhances educational access and opportunity while improving international diversity.
The scholarship is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will return home to enhance under-resourced, deprived communities in their home country. The Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students is available to undertake Undergraduate, Bachelor level programs in American University.
Worth of Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students in American University
- The scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as compulsory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
- The Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
- All subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
Eligibility for Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students in American University
- International students who have overcome different obstacles and challenges as well as those from multiple and discriminated global and socioeconomic backgrounds are eligible for the scholarship.
- To be eligible for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students, you must have a minimum of 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- Candidates should have demonstrated commitment to volunteerism, leadership, community service and to improving the needs of people in their home country.
- Candidates with one of the following are eligible for the scholarship
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all sub-scores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL
- 7.0+ IELTS (all sub-scores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading Sub-score
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all sub-scores must be 110 or above)
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduated in June 2021.
- Please note that students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must also complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2022.
- The Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply and complete the application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by the deadline.
How to Apply for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students in American University
- Complete the online AU EGLS application.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each with a minimum of U.S.$4,000. You can upload this via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template.
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test score results by December 15, 2021 at the latest. Candidates should have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Each candidate should complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by Emerging Global Leader Scholarships priority deadline of December 15, 2021, or by January 15, 2022 at the latest. Please note that candidates who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Skype interviews and additional essay submissions will be needed for each scholar semi-finalists and finalists so if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com .
Application Deadline for Emerging Global Leader Scholarships for International Students
Each candidate should have applied for the scholarship latest by December 15, 2021 or by January 15, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here