Are you interested in pursuing an education in Australia? Good news! Engineering Excellence Scholarships is currently ongoing application at Edith Cowan University. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Engineering Excellence Scholarships is offered for Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering. The scholarship is provided by Edith Cowan University. The university is an Australian public university based in Perth, Western Australia.
Edith Cowan University is named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman. The university is with over 30,000 students at undergraduate and postgraduate level, approximately 6,000 of whom are international students starting from more than 100 countries outside Australia.
The university was granted its status in 1991 and was founded from an amalgamation of teachers’ colleges with a history dating back to 1902 when the Claremont Teachers College was formed, making Edith Cowan University the modern descendant of the first institution of higher education in Western Australia.
Edith Cowan University offers more than 300 courses across two metropolitan campuses, in Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and a regional campus in the South West, Bunbury, 200 km south of Perth; many courses are also offered for study online.
In addition, the university has partnerships with different education institutions to organize courses and programs offshore. In the 2019 Student Experience Survey, Edith Cowan University recorded the fifth highest student satisfaction ranking out of all Australian universities, and the highest student satisfaction ranking out of all public Western Australian universities, with an overall satisfaction ranking of 83.3.
Edith Cowan University has a number of research centers within its areas of research strength: Environment and Sustainability; Health and Wellness; Education; Communications and Creative Arts; Electronic Engineering and ICT; Social and Community; Business and Society; and Security, Law and Justice.
However, most of these research centers are grouped as Major National Research Facilities and WA Centres of Excellence in Science and Innovation. Edith Cowan University has three campuses which consist of two metropolitan campuses at Joondalup and Mount Lawley, and one at Bunbury, in Western Australia’s South West Region.
Engineering Excellence Scholarships will promote your study in some of the best equipped, industry-grade engineering labs in Australia, work on real-world projects, and improve strong contacts through industry engagements, events, and internships.
Worth of Engineering Excellence Scholarships
- The university is offering Engineering Excellence Scholarships valued at $20,000 to high-performing Year 12 students who have obtained a/n ATAR of 94 or above and wish to study Engineering in 2022.
- Engineering Excellence Scholarships will be paid more than four years, AUD 5,000 per year pro-rata for part-time study, once the student is enrolled.
Eligibility for Engineering Excellence Scholarships
- To be eligible for Engineering Excellence Scholarships, each candidate must be nominated by your School or you can self-nominate by the deadline.
- You must be on target to achieve an ATAR of 94 or above.
- Each candidate must perform satisfactorily in all of their WACE subjects to be eligible for the scholarship.
- You must satisfy admission criteria for the intended Engineering Bachelor course at the university to be qualified for the scholarship.
- Each candidate must nominate an Edith Cowan University Engineering Bachelor course as 1st preference on their TISC application.
- You must be Australian citizens, holders of a Refugee and Humanitarian visa, permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens to be qualified for the scholarship.
How to Apply for Engineering Excellence Scholarships
To apply for the scholarship, you have to submit a completed Engineering Excellence Scholarships Nomination form, your School results and if available your ATAR results to the university’s official website. You can also check the university’s website for more enquiries.
Application Deadline for Engineering Excellence Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is January 7, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here