Are you interested in furthering an education in Australia? We are glad to inform you that European Research Council Starting Grants is currently ongoing application at University of Melbourne. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
The University of Melbourne is excited to offer the European Research Council Starting Grants to talented students in Australia for 2022/2023. The University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia.
The university was established in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. The University of Melbourne’s main campus is situated in Parkville, an inner suburb north of Melbourne’s central business district, with several other campuses based across Victoria.
Since 1872, different residential colleges have become associated with the university by offering accommodation for students and faculty, and academic, sporting and cultural programs. There are also ten colleges situated on the main campus and in nearby suburbs.
The University of Melbourne consist of ten separate academic units and is affiliated with so many institutes and research centers, including the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research and the Grattan Institute.
However, Times Higher Education rated the University of Melbourne first in Australia and 32nd globally in 2022, while the Academic Ranking of World Universities rated it 35th in the world ‘both first in Australia and the whole of Oceania’.
In the QS World University Rankings 2022, the university rates 37th globally and 2nd in Australia. The fascinating thing is that Four Australian prime ministers and five governors-general have graduated from the University of Melbourne.
Times Higher Education ranked the university 31st globally ‘1st nationally’ in the 2020-2021 repetition of its annual World University Rankings. In the QS World University Rankings 2021, the University of Melbourne was rated 41st globally and 3rd in Australia.
In 2020, the University of Melbourne rated 32nd among the universities around the globe by SCImago Institutions Rankings. In the most recent CWTS Leiden Ranking, the university was rated 28th in the world (1st nationally).
In the 2020 publication of the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) league table, the University of Melbourne was rated 35th globally and 1st in Australia. According to QS World University Subject Rankings 2020, the university rated 10th in law, 12th in education, 16th in accounting and finance, 17th in social policy and administration, 19th in sociology, 22nd in environmental studies and 23rd in linguistics.
Worth of European Research Council Starting Grants
- The European Research Council Starting Grants will provide an award of about $4,000,000 to the successful applicants.
- The scholarship may also be awarded up to €1.5 million for a period of 5 years (pro-rata for projects of shorter duration). But an extra €1 million can be made available to cover qualified start-up costs for researchers moving from a third country to the EU or an affiliated country and/or the purchase of major equipment or access to large facilities or other major experimental and fieldwork costs.
Eligibility for European Research Council Starting Grants
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you must have 2 – 7 years of experience since the completion of a PhD.
- Researchers from anywhere around the world can apply for European Research Council Starting Grants provided the research they go through will be executed in an EU Member State or Associated Country.
- You must present a project which is organized in a public or private research organization to be eligible for European Research Council Starting Grants. Please note that this could be where the candidates already works, or any other host organization situated in one of the EU Member States or Associated Countries.
How to Apply for European Research Council Starting Grants
If you are interested in European Research Council Starting Grants and you are eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for European Research Council Starting Grants
The application deadline for theses scholarship is January 13, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here