The Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE) was established in response to the increasing concern over the collapse of ethical values, and it plans to challenge graduate candidates to acknowledge their responsibility to act as ethical leaders.
The Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics provides fellowship programs to candidates pursuing professional degrees in five disciplines: business, law, Seminary, medicine, and journalism, and also to early-career professionals in these areas.
Applicants in each of FASPE’s programs get to spend two rigorous weeks in Germany and Poland. They will also go to Auschwitz and the other important historical sites in Berlin and Krakow, and take part in rigorous conferences led by professionals in their respective fields.
Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics Information:
- Fellowship Patron(s): Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE).
- Fellowship program to be taken in: Germany and Poland.
- Application closing for all programs: January 2, 2022 at 11:59pm EDT.
- Fellowship remunerations: All program expenses are provided, including travel, accommodation, and food.
Eligibility for Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics
- FASPE BUSINESS APPLICANTS:
FASPE Business candidates must be currently pursuing a profession in business and fit into one of these three sets:
- Studying an MSc or MBA program at the period of the application;
- Have concluded their MBA or MSc degree between May 2020 and January 2021 and presently working as a business expert;
- Have completed an undergraduate degree program in any field between May 2017 and May 2019 and presently working as a business expert.
- FASPE MEDICAL APPLICANTS:
Candidates for Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics have to either be:
- Registered in an MD or DO program (or equivalent) at the period of their application and have to complete minimum of one clinical year before the commencement of the program;
- Possess an MD or DO (or equivalent) and be working towards a succeeding bioethics, public health or doctoral degree;
- Be registered in a residency program.
- FASPE JOURNALISM APPLICANTS:
Candidates are required to have an interest in journalism as a career and either:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program of any type and intending to work as a journalist;
- Currently working as a journalist with an undergraduate degree in any field of study received between May 2016 and May 2021 or a graduate degree in any discipline received between May 2020 and January 2022.
- FASPE LAW APPLICANTS:
Candidates have to be enrolled in a JD or LLM Program (or equivalent program) or employed in the legal profession (including a clerkship) at the period of their application and have obtained a JD or LLM between May 2020 and January 2022, or working as an apprentice or similar position after having concluded their requisite legal training in the applicable jurisdiction.
- FASPE SEMINARY APPLICANTS:
Candidates have to be studying in graduate school getting ready for work as a religious leader by the period of application or employed as clergy with a related graduate degree obtained between May 2020 and January 2022. Those applying as candidates may be studying at any graduate program related to spiritual OR theological training.
How to Apply for Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics
Application for these fellowship programs is carried out through the FASPE online submittable application website.
The candidate will have to add his personal and contact details, a resume that comprises their educational and employment history accompanied by any honors awards and or publication, transcripts from all institutions of higher education where they have spent substantial time (over one semester), and also the names and contact details of references and those who wrote recommendation letters.
Candidates will also have to give response to some short essay question that depends on each program.
January 2, 2022 at 11:59pm EDT
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here