The Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt has opened applications for the Fulbright Egyptian Student Program available for a Master’s Degree program in the United States for the 2022/2023 school year.
The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program offers a completely funded master’s degree scholarship award for eligible candidates to school in the U.S. for at most two years.
The commission offers grant opportunities for university graduates, masters, and PhD degree applicants, and young professionals and artists to study and carry out research in the United States.
Worth of Fulbright Egyptian Student Program
This Scholarship award provides;
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances
Eligibility for Fulbright Egyptian Student Program
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are not eligible.
- Candidates are required to be residing in Egypt all through the application, selection, placement and pre-departure procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of “Good” for candidates in American studies, humanities, and the social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for candidates in the sciences.
- Evidence of English Language adeptness. Candidates have to submit score report for only one of these tests: (refer to the official website for approved test centers)
- TOEFL ITP – minimum needed score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – the minimum needed scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum aggregate score of 6.5 (no required score for each section)
- Duolingo English Test – minimum needed score of 105
- English Adeptness Test from Egyptian Universities – minimum needed score of 550
- Candidates for the Fulbright Egyptian Student Program have to successfully finish all the steps of the application, evaluation, and selection procedure and successfully finalize all needed procedures.
- U.S. nationals and green card holders and candidates are not qualified to apply.
Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – How to Apply
- All applications have to be made online through their website.
- Certificates and transcripts for all tertiary degree programs in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Minimum TOEFL ITP of 550 or its equal iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from any of the approved centers in the table in the website.
- Imaged copy of the original valid National ID
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program looks for candidates that have grown a sense of personal uprightness and are original thinkers. Duplicating someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a friend or from a book is seen as plagiarism. Any cited words or sentences should include a citation. A candidate who is found to have copied in any form (comprising involuntary or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be eliminated.
For additional details about plagiarism and citation, please visit the following web page: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications has to be the candidates’ unique contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Getting someone else to write or contribute to the writing of a person’s application, either completely or partially, does not support the standards of integrity required of Fulbrighters and may lead to the ineligibility of your application.
AY2022-2023 Program Timeline
|February 1, 2021||Program Announcement|
|June 5, 2021||Closing date for submitting online applications|
|July 2021 – August 2021||Application Review|
|September/October 2021||Individual Interviews (Only for shortlisted candidates)|
|October/November 2021||Official Nomination/Regret Letters (Candidates will be informed via email)|
|October/November 2021||Post Nomination Orientation (Only for Nominated Semi-Finalists: Principals and Alternates)|
|November 2021 – January 2022||GMAT/GRE and TOEFL iBT testing (Only for Nominated Semi-Finalists: Principals and Alternates)|
|November 2021 – January 2022||University Placement Procedure (Only for Nominated Semi-Finalists: Principals and Alternates)|
|April – May 2022||University Selection Procedure (Only for Nominated Semi-Finalists: Principals)|
|May 2022 / June 2022||Pre-Departure Orientation (Only for Nominated Semi-Finalists: Principals)|
|July 2022 – September 2022||Departure Date (Only for Finalist Candidates) Note: If Long-term English program is required, recipients will travel during the time between January to March 2022|
- Application ends June 5, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here