Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente is currently open. University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for brilliant scholars from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA nations, applying for a graduate program (MSc) at the University of Twente.
The University of Twente is a research institution of higher education where technical developments and their significance to individuals and society are at the forefront. All programs have appointed devoted study advisors to assist and advise our scholars. Study advisors can give educational supervision and also additional personal supervision. Furthermore, there is also a university-wide Student Coaching and Counseling Service which concentrates on the growth of personal, study related or career skills. More precise information can be found at the pages of the study programs or on the website for Student Affairs, Coaching & Counseling.
Study Level: Masters Degree
Deadline: 1 Feb/May 2021 (annual). Course starts Sept 2021.
Study in: Netherlands
Host Institution(s): University of Twente, The Netherlands
Level/Field(s) of study:
Qualifying Master’s Programs offered at the University:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 50
Target group: Foreign scholars from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA nations (see the official website for whole list)
Benefits of Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente
The value of Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente varies from € 3,000 – € 22,000 for a year. In case of a two-year study program, students can get an extra UTS of an amount equivalent to that in the first year when they fulfil the process requirements for the UTS.
Eligibility for Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente
To qualify for Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente, applicants must fulfill all of the requirements below:
• Application submission for an UT scholarship is a process distinct from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Irrespective of funding, candidate will need to gain an admission letter first.
• Applicants are required to have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs beginning in the academic session 2021/2022 (September). Please note: After the conclusion of the application, it may take up to 8 weeks before candidates get the results.
• Applicants must have a student number.
• Applicants have not graduated from a UT graduate program.
• Applicants are required to comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
• Applicants comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an added 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
• Applicants are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
• The Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente is a scholarship for exceptional students. Characteristically this means that the applicants belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of their class
How to Apply for Graduate Scholarships at University of Twente
Applicants have to apply for a Master’s program first. Once they do so and received a (conditional) admission letter, they can apply for the scholarship award with their student number. The deadline for Round 1 applications which opens on 15 October 2020 is 1 February 2021 while the deadline for Round 2 applications which opens on 1 February 2021 is 1 May 2021.
It is imperative to check the official website (link found below) to start the application procedure and for thorough details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here