GSEP Scholarship (Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership) programs open for applications for Masters candidates from developing nations to study in Canada in 2021/2022.
This is a not-for-profit, CEO-led establishment of leading electricity firms driving sustainable energy growth worldwide via capacity-building undertakings and small-scale renewable energy projects.
Since 2001, GSEP has assisted the next generation of electricity specialists and academics with this scholarship award. Their scholars are outstanding candidates from developing nations studying in sustainable energy development, who will be ready to take on the challenges of the future.
Presently, the need for internationally-oriented practitioners and researchers is increasing rapidly. Their one-of-a-kind Global Sustainable Electricity Scholarship program nurtures the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector professionals.
Worth of GSEP Scholarship
- Up to $21,000 US each year (max. two years)
- Candidates who already obtain full funding for their program are not qualified to the scholarship. Candidates receiving scholarship awards providing their tuition fees will not be qualified to the full amount of the GSEP Scholarship award.
Eligibility for GSEP Scholarship
To be qualified for the GSEP Scholarship award, prospective candidates have to:
- Undergo masters-level studies in sustainable energy development
- Enroll in full-time studies for a minimum of one full school year (two or three semesters), starting in autumn 2021. Candidates in the second year of a two-year program are qualified to apply, given that they satisfy this requirement.
- Be a national of a developing nation/territory on the List of official development aid beneficiaries recognised by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be devoted to going back to their home nation/territory after their programs to add to to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with exceptional grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is devoted to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community participation
- Is determined to add to their knowledge and understanding
How to Apply for GSEP Scholarship
- Complete and prepare all the required documents
- Create an account to gain access to the online form
- Complete the application form and upload all necessary documents
- Submit your application
- The scholarship award application can take up to five hours to complete if you have all the needed information in hand. All the details entered in the form will be saved automatically and you will be able to save the application and return to it later.
- As the amount of incoming applications is very high around the closing date, they strongly implore you to submit your application as early as you can. Please be aware that applications submitted by email or mail will not be considered.
What are the required documents?
You have to submit an electronic copy of all the credentials listed below.
- International Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- CV detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and involvement in volunteer and/or extracurricular undertakings
- Letter of admission from your university program of choice
- Attach a copy of your official admission letter from the university. Please be aware that each candidate can only submit the letter of admission from their top choice of university program.
- If you have not yet gotten a letter of admission, you can attach an acknowledgement from your university indicating that you have submitted application for admission
- Program outline
- Attach an outline of the syllabus or the courses you will be taking for your master’s degree program.
- University transcript(s)
- Attach a copy of your final university transcript(s).
- Academic Reference Form
- You have to provide a filled copy of the Academic Reference Form. The form has to be filled in English.
- Academic or personal reference letter
- You have to provide one letter of reference from either an academic or personal referee
Application Deadline: The application cycle for the 2021-2022 GSEP Scholarship award will be available in early January 2021. The closing date to submit an application will be March 8, 2021 at 23:59 EST.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here