The London School of Health Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in the United Kingdom is welcoming applications for the GSK Master Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in 2021.
Three scholarship awards are provided to assist the training and development of the next cohort of leaders in global health and reinforce the capability of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These extremely competitive scholarship awards are obtainable to candidates planning to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Worth of Award
Three scholarship awards are obtainable for the 2021-22 academic session. Each scholarship will provide:
- Tuition fees, comprising any compulsory field trip fees; and
- A tax-free allowance (living stipend) of GBP 17,400.00.
Eligibility for GSK Master Scholarships
To be qualified for these GSK Master Scholarships, candidates have to
- be citizens of, and living in, nations in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- have an intention to go back to sub-Saharan Africa on conclusion of their MSc year at the School; and
- verify that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the planned program of study by tendering the Supplementary Questions Form with tick-box checked; and
- satisfy the School’s minimum English language conditions; and
- possess a first degree qualification at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- possess an offer of admission for 2021-22 academic session for one of the School’s 19 London-based MSc programs of study.
Preference will be afforded to candidates who display (in their application credentials) the possibility to make significant offerings to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
How to Apply for GSK Master Scholarships
There are two steps to the application procedure for GSK Master Scholarships. To be given consideration for the funding, candidates have to satisfy all eligibility conditions and finish both steps specified below by the scholarship closing dates of 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 28 February 2021.
- Candidates have to finish both steps below by the scholarship closing date.
- Step 1: Put in an application for 2021-22 for a London-based MSc program of study, following guidelines under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the applicable program of study page. Candidates should make sure that all required supplementary documents (with references) are submitted through the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship award closing date.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarship award application, choosing this scholarship award option from the drop-down menu by the scholarship award closing date. A filled out Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship award has to be submitted as part of this application. This is the only attachment needed in Step 2 (as candidates must have already submitted transcripts; references; a CV etc. with their application for admission).
- If you come across any technical issues whilst using the online scholarship award application form, in the first case, please try to clear your browser cache and make sure you are using the newest version of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not resolve your technical issue, please get in touch with the School’s IT Services team, giving your full name; the scholarship award that you are applying for; and the technical problem that you have come across. Please also add a screenshot of the problem where possible. email@example.com
- Candidates who have prior to now submitted a filled 2020-21 London-based MSc application and/or have been granted an Offer of Admission should submit an application for the scholarship award by filling out the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship closing date.
- Each candidate should submit only one application for GSK Master Scholarships for Future Health Leaders for 2021-22 academic session. Candidates are therefore advised to peruse carefully their online application and attachment prior to submission, as the initial application submitted will be the one given consideration to and there will be no chance to submit the Supplementary Questions Form after submission.
Application for GSK Master Scholarships for Future Health Leaders ends at midnight (GMT) on Sunday 28 February 28, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here