The Haddad Foundation and the Brazilian Association of Irish Studies (ABEI) will award ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship for a Brazilian student to pursue one of the above postgraduate courses. Candidates will be checked out according to their academic merit, their potential to contribute to the scholarship program, and evidence that they have an offer from Trinity College.
Continue reading to find out about ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
Trinity College which is officially The Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars, and the other members of the Board, of the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin, is the only constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Dublin, Ireland.
Queen Elizabeth, I established the college in 1592 as the mother of a university that was modeled after the educational universities of Oxford and Cambridge, but unlike these associated institutions, only one college was ever founded; as such, the designations Trinity College, and University of Dublin are usually synonymous for practical purposes.
However, Trinity College Dublin is a sister college to St John’s College, Cambridge and Oriel College, Oxford, and by integration, a graduate of Dublin, Oxford, or Cambridge can be accorded the equivalent degree at either of the other two without further examination.
The university is legally integrated by the Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars, and other members of the Board, as defined by its founding charter. Trinity College is one of the seven olden universities of Britain and Ireland, as well as Ireland’s oldest surviving university.
Trinity College’s main campus, in the heart of Dublin, has been ranked among the most historic in the world- and is the setting for several novels, films, and urban legends. Broadly considered one of Europe’s elite universities, Trinity College is Ireland’s most reputable university, in part due to its historical importance.
Academically, Trinity College is divided into three faculties which consist of 23 schools, offering degree and diploma courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Its admission procedure is based solely on academic merit, with the college being particularly approved in law, literature, and humanities.
The college also executes extensive research in nanotechnology, information technology, immunology, mathematics, engineering, psychology, politics, and English. Trinity College was originally founded outside Dublin’s city walls in the buildings of the prohibited Catholic Augustinian Priory of All Hallows.
Trinity College was established in part to integrate the rule of the Tudor monarchy in Ireland, and as a result, was the university of the Protestant Ascendancy for much of its history. Moreover, while Catholics were admitted from 1793, certain restrictions on membership of the college remained, as professorships, fellowships, and scholarships were reserved for Protestants.
The college has educated most of Ireland’s most successful poets, playwrights, and authors, including Oscar Wilde, Jonathan Swift, Bram Stoker, Percy French, William Trevor, Sally Rooney, Oliver Goldsmith, Thomas Moore, William Congreve, Nobel Laureates Samuel Beckett, Ernest Walton, Mairead Maguire,e, and William Cecil Campbell, former Presidents of Ireland Mary McAleese, Douglas Hyde, Éamon de Valera, and Mary Robinson, philosophers George Berkeley and Edmund Burke, politicians David Norris and John Redmond, as well as mathematicians George Salmon, Robert Mallet, and William Rowan Hamilton.
Trinity College is rated 101st in the world by the QS World University Rankings and 146th in the world by Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2022, rating it first in Ireland in both rankings.
Worth of ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship
- Candidates applying for ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship must have completed their undergraduate degree or must have enrolled on a postgraduate degree with at least one module finished.
- Note that the average must be greater than 7 for an undergraduate degree while for a postgraduate degree, A or B should be secured.
- The applicant must be an ABEI member and be up-to-date with the annual payment to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholars taking part in exchange programs are ineligible to apply for ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship.
- The Trinity College application number must be included on each candidate’s application form.
- The winner should be aware that the stipend will be paid from October 2022 to September 2023, after the forms are correctly filled out.
- Brazilian nationals who hold dual European citizenship are not qualified for this scholarship program.
Eligibility for ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you need a copy of the student’s passport, which must be valid at least until the end of the exchange program.
- A personal letter of up to 500 words. The applicant must explain how they intend to contribute to the ABEI/Haddad Fellowship program and display convincingly their dedication to the program.
- A registration form. You can download the form on the ABEI website.
- An academic Curriculum Vitae (students must present their Lattes CV).
- A copy of the applicant’s original transcripts. If the student’s overall grade is not shown, a document showing their overall grade must also be presented.
How to Apply for the ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is April 1, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Europe scholarships here