HGHI LEAD Fellowship in USA 2021
The Harvard Global Health Institute and the Women and Health Initiative are requesting applications for the HGHI LEAD Fellowship award program for Women in Global Health from Developing Nations in the United States in 2021.
The Harvard Global Health Institute (HGHI) is devoted to developing and tackling some of the most enduring issues in human health. They are of the belief that the solutions to these issues will be gotten from within and outside the medicine and public health spheres to include law, design, business, policy, and other areas.
In an attempt to equip and empower more women frontrunners in international health, the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Women and Health Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health provides a transformational fellowship award program particularly structured to promote leadership skills in persons from low- and middle-income nations who will, in turn, mentor future female leaders in international health.
Harvard Global Health Institute LEAD Fellows are given access to first-class faculty, are exposed to senior mentors and the chance to build a custom syllabus aligned to their own distinct personal development and leadership plan. On the basis of their specific interests and leadership objectives, LEAD fellows take part in tailored leadership training program, speaking and networking chances, and autonomous project work. The fellowship program provides the unique chance to build an international network of peers and relationships among schools and departments of Harvard University. The HGHI LEAD Fellowship program experience offers international health leaders time to reflect, realign, and explore uncharted terrains.
They look forward to taking in a third group of LEAD Fellows, who will join a cohesive community of past Fellows from all over the world. Up to the present time, Fellows have come from 6 different nations, with representation from Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe and South America. Their areas of concentration have extended from HIV/AIDS and healthcare to health policy at the topmost levels of government and span fields comprising research, advocacy, administration and policy. You can find out more about their present and past fellows here.
Owing to the COVID-19 contagion, in line with Harvard University rules, the 2021-22 HGHI LEAD Fellowship award program will take place completely virtually. While they cannot provide an in-person experience at this time, they are devoted to making sure the 2021 remote Fellowship program will be equally as meaningful an experience.
Worth of HGHI LEAD Fellowship
On the basis of their specific interests and leadership objectives, LEAD fellows take part in
- personalized leadership training program,
- speaking and networking chances, and
- autonomous project work.
The fellowship program provides the unique chance to
- create an international network of peers and relationships all over schools and departments of Harvard University.
- reflect, realign, and explore uncharted terrains.
Eligibility for HGHI LEAD Fellowship
Applications are requested from applicants from all continents, disciplines, regions, industries, gender and gender identities, particularly
- low- and middle-income nations.
- women in global health.
- There are no academic requirements or age restrictions.
How to Apply for HGHI LEAD Fellowship
Applicants nominate themselves by submitting applications for the HGHI LEAD Fellowship. Thus, candidates must
- work full-time in the area of global health and possess a minimum of 15 years of professional experience. Global-health related work concluded as a university scholar does not double as professional experience.
- possess proven leadership experience.
- have the complete backing of their employer and a champion in their workplace who functions as an internal mentor.
- take a furlough (or equivalent) from their home organization during the fall full term semester.
- During the two years before getting to Harvard, the fellows must not have taken part in a full-time fellowship program that lasted 4 months or more.
Candidates will be informed in July 2021 if they have gotten the LEAD fellowship program opportunity. For more details on the LEAD fellowship experience, application conditions and eligibility, please check out their website here.
For questions concerning the LEAD Fellowship program, get in touch with Olivia Mulvey, Senior Coordinator, Harvard Global Health Institute, at email@example.com.
The 2021 application window is now OPEN and will end on April 22nd, 2021.
Visit here for more information and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here