Maastricht University (UM) provides Holland High Potential Scholarship award for exceptional candidates from outside the European Union in 2021.
This award is comprised of both the High Potential Scholarship program (financed by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship award, which is sponsored by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in association with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is targeted at foreign candidates from outside the EU/EEA who are looking to obtain a degree program in the Netherlands.
Worth of Award
The Holland High Potential Scholarship award program awards 24 full scholarship awards of €29.000 (comprising tuition fee waiver and monthly allowance) every academic session for very skilled candidates from outside the European Union (EU) who have been granted admission to a Master’s program at UM.
Amount of the Holland High Potential Scholarship 2021-2022
|Living costs||€ 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)||Paid to candidates by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application expenses||€ 174*||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* based on the tuition of your study program||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training expenses||At cost||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
*These amounts might change for academic session 2021-2022
Eligibility for Holland High Potential Scholarship
- You possess citizenship in a nation outside the EU/EEA and meet the conditions for acquiring an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not possess a double citizenship from an EU/EEA nation.
- You have submitted application for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2021-2021 academic session.
- You satisfy the specific admission conditions of the UM Master’s program to which you have put in.
- You have never taken part in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Candidates who have concluded exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to put in.
- You are not more than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have gotten brilliant results during your past education programs, as proven by your latest grade transcript or confirmed by academic excellence. If many candidates are equally qualified, UM will afford preference to candidates whose academic transcript or endorsed letter of academic excellence show that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship program candidates.
How to Apply for Holland High Potential Scholarship
Step 1: Enrol for one of the partaking Master’s programs at Maastricht University. For additional information on how to register for a Master’s program at UM, please check your potential program’s webpage. When you have handed in your application through Studielink, you will get a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will require a student number so as to fill out and submit the Scholarship Application Form.
Step 2: Please complete the application form (sign in with your UM account), upload the following credentials in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application. Please be aware that you can only to submit your application once, so please make sure that all of your documents and referee contact information are up-to-date. If you have put in for more than one UM study programs, the UM International Services Desk will make sure that your complete scholarship award application is giving consideration for all eligible programs for which you have a conditionally approved or approved admissions standing.
Step 3: You will need to get in touch with the referee you specified in your application form and ask them to submit their letter of reference through email to [email protected] by the closing date.
The application closing date for Holland High Potential Scholarship award is midnight on February 1, 2021 (Central European Time).
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here