The College of Medicine and Public Health has set up Honors Scholarships to provide financial assistance to undergraduate students undertaking an honors research project within the College. Continue reading this post to know about College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
Flinders University is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. It was established in 1966, and was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
The university is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. Academically, Flinders University pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been rated among the nation’s top 10.
The 2021 Times Higher Education ranking of the world’s top universities rates Flinders University in the 251 – 300th bracket. The university’s main campus is in the Adelaide inner southern suburb of Bedford Park, about 12 km south of the Adelaide city center.
Flinders University also has a presence in Victoria Square in the center of the city, and Tonsley. The university also maintains a number of external teaching facilities in regional South Australia, south-west Victoria and the Northern Territory.
However, as of 2020 international students made up 19.5% of the on-campus student population and a number of offshore programs are also offered, primarily in the Asia-Pacific region.
Flinders University offers over 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Most courses use new information and communication technologies to supplement face-to-face teaching and provide flexible options.
In addition, the university is amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings. The 2020 Times Higher Education rankings of the world’s top universities rated Flinders University in the 251–300 bracket.
Worth of College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship
The College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship covers up to $2,500.00.
Eligibility for College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship
- To be qualified for College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- You must be currently completing or have completed an appropriate undergraduate qualification.
- Applicants must also have someone as their principal supervisor a staff member of, or a holder of full academic status in, the College of Medicine and Public Health to be qualified.
- The College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit as measured by the Grade Point Average (GPA) for the most recent 36 units of study at third year level (80%), as well as future aspirations, other academic achievements, summary of leadership skills, involvement in community or sporting activities or any other personal development opportunities (20%).
- Selection for the scholarship will be made by a Committee consisting of the Honors Coordinators (or two designated representatives from the Honors committee) and the Teaching Program Director (Developing Researchers) in the College of Medicine and Public Health.
How to Apply for College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship
Applications for the scholarship should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date. Ensure you read the how to apply page and make sure all of your personal details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be assessed using this information. Then submit an application.
For further details about the scholarship, click here.
Application Deadline for College of Medicine and Public Health Honors Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is May 12, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here