The Hubert Humphrey Fellowships is created for experienced professionals who have interests in strengthening their leadership skills via a communal exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common interest in the U.S. and Fellows’ home nations.
Fellows are stationed at one of the participating USA universities. Fellows are not permitted to decide which university they will be stationed. Instead, they are allocated in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most suitable host institution on the basis of their area of interest and professional field.
Level/Field of study:
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship provides useful openings for professional growth through selected university programs, attending seminars, networking, and hands-on work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Number of Awards:
Approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded annually.
Not interested in Hubert Humphrey Fellowships? See other scholarships here
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A living stipend, and a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Flight travel (global travel to and from the U.S. for the program and local travel to required program proceedings);
- A Professional Development stipend for professional undertakings, like field trips, professional visits, and seminars.
Eligibility for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
The applicant must have:
- An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years’ experience
- Limited or no experience in the US,
- Demonstrated leadership qualities,
- A record of public service in the community, and
- English language ability
Please get in touch with the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section, or Fulbright Commission in your nation of residence to find out about possible specific program prerequisites (link found below).
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
Application closing dates vary by nations but falls around May to September every year.
Please get in touch with the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your nation for additional information about application processes.
Please read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) for additional information on how to apply for this fellowship.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here
- 1 October
Latest Scholarships Available For You To Study Abroad!
Join over 278,020 other subscribers
Enter your email below and click subscribe.