IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders in UK 2021
The IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders (Innovative Methods and Metrics for Agriculture and Nutrition Actions) is a program directed by the London School of Hygiene and tropical medicine that intends to produce emerging leaders in agriculture, nutrition, and health research.
The IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders intends to inspire the development of interdisciplinary and pioneering methods, metric tools to improve the scientific understanding of the connection between agriculture, nutrition outcomes, food system, and health to assist make policy resolutions that will advance nutrition outcomes in low and middle-income nations.
This workstream of the IMMANA program is managed by the Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. It comprises of yearly rounds of 6 Fellowship awards every year.
In every yearly round, IMMANA will grant six 12-month post-doctoral Fellowship awards to emerging leaders who are applying and/or authenticating new methodological methods with mentors in ongoing research programs in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The Fellowship comprises a research allowance, a travel stipend, and an grant for each of the mentors.
Eligible applicants have concluded a doctoral degree in any field connected to agriculture, nutrition or health research and practice.
Fellows carry out their research in Africa or Asia under the combined guidance of two mentors, one from the candidate’s present or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the candidate plans to advance their work.
Fellows are chosen via a competitive method by the Independent Panel of Experts. The assessment process is also supervised by the IMMANA Steering Committee, consisted of members from FCDO, UKRI, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and CGIAR’s A4NH program.
IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders Award Value:
For the IMMANA phase 2 awards, there will be two funding series. Up to 16 awards will be granted through a competitive selection procedure, 8 awards for each round and every award will be a maximum of £250,000.
Eligibility for IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders
- Applicants are required to be able to lead research in foreign standards of excellence in the proposed topics.
- The suggested topics are meant to create pioneering and superior methods, tools, and metrics that can be employed in the medium-short term for advancing the input of agriculture and food system in the nutrition and health in nations with low and middle-income.
How to Apply for IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders
All applications will be liable to an assessment by the IMMANA management team and the Chair of the Independent Panel of Experts on the basis of the following conditions:
- Scientific originality and excellence
- Collaborative approaches
- Amelioration relevance
- Translational value
Subsequently, those who fulfill these conditions and who are selected will be asked to submit a complete proposal that will be put through the same conditions. The Independent Panel of Expert will assess the complete proposals and the peer-review reports and endorse applications for funding.
To be given consideration for the IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders, all candidates have to submit a complete Application. Candidate should not anticipate to obtain feedback on their complete Application before notification of selection. Please click here for the application portal! Details are obtainable in the Call for Applications.
- Concept notes have to be tendered by 31 December 2020. Candidates are welcome and implored to submit a concept note to verify eligibility and obtain valuable feedback, however it is not compulsory in order to submit a complete proposal. Feedback on concept notes will be given on a rolling basis before 15 January 2021.
- Full proposals are required to be submitted by 1 February 2021.
- Chosen candidates will be informed no later than 16 April 2021.
- Fellows start their Fellowship programss between 1 June and 1 December 2021.
Check the official website for additional information:
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here