You are interested in furthering your studies. Good news! International Research Training Program Scholarships is currently ongoing application. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Fully funded by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training, the International Research Training Program Scholarships is open to highly ranked, newly beginning Research Degree scholars who show exceptional academic achievement and research potential.
University of Technology Sydney is the top-ranked young university in Australia. Its objective is to be a leading public university of technology recognized for our global impact. UTS is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Although its origins can be traced back to the 1870s but the university was established in its current form in 1988. As of 2020, University of Technology Sydney enrolls 46,328 students through its 9 faculties and schools.
The University of Technology Sydney started from the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts (the oldest continuously running Mechanics’ Institute in Australia), which was founded in 1833. However, in 1940 the NSW Parliament passed an Act to create an Institute of Technology, which in 1964 led to the establishment of the New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT). The NSW Institute of Technology amalgamated with the NSW Institute of Business Studies in 1968 and in 1976 NSWIT founded the first law school in NSW outside the university sector. In 1985, the Haymarket campus was officially opened.
On 8 October 1987, university status was granted to NSWIT, which was followed by the passing of the University of Technology, Sydney, Act 1987. It was regenerated as the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) on 26 January 1988, along with the incorporation of the School of Design of the former Sydney College of the Arts.
In 1989, the University of Technology, Sydney, Act 1989 (NSW) formed UTS by compelling the Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education (KCAE) and the Institute of Technical and Adult Teacher Education (ITATE) of the Sydney College of Advanced Education. By 1991, an academic structure of nine faculties and 25 schools was founded.
Worth of International Research Training Program Scholarships
- The scholarship covers the tuition fees, the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the scholarship holder, their spouse and dependant (if there is any.
- The International Research Training Program Scholarships also cover tuition fee – Up to 3 years for PhD and 2 years for Master by Research.
- The scholarship also cover living allowance for up to 3 years for PhD and 2 years for Master by Research at equivalent to RTPS rate (2022 rate is $28,854 per annum, indexed)
- The scholarship covers Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) – single or family cover for duration of program.
Eligibility for International Research Training Program Scholarships
- To be eligible for these scholarship, you must be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) as an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth) at the University in the year of the program Stipend. Please note that IRTP Stipends are not made available to candidates whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been approved by the University in an approved HDR course; and
- Each candidate must not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
- To be qualified for these scholarship, candidates must not receive an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- Candidates should also make sure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the important application deadline. Note that late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply International Research Training Program Scholarships
To be considered for these scholarship, please apply by the application deadlines. There is no separate Application Form for IRTP scholarships for potential students. Completing one form will mean that you are considered for all associated scholarships (including IRS and UTSP).
Application Deadline for International Research Training Program Scholarships
The application deadline for International Research Training Program Scholarships is January 15, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here