International Research Training Programme Scholarship at UTS in Australia 2021
The University of Technology Sydney in Australia is welcoming applications for the International Research Training Programme Scholarship award in the 2021/22 academic session.
Financed by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training, the International Research Training Programme Scholarship award (IRTP) is obtainable to highly ranked, newly starting Research Degree candidates who demonstrate exceptional academic accomplishment and research prospect.
The International Research Training Programme Scholarship award provides the tuition fees, the expense of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the scholarship award beneficiary, their partner and dependants (if any), and a living allowance at the minimum Australian Government established indexed rate.
Worth of Award
- Tuition Fee – Up to 3 years for PhD. Up to 2 years for Master by Research
- Living Stipend – Up to 3 years for PhD. Up to 2 years for Master by Research corresponding to RTPS rate (2021 rate is $28,597 per year, indexed)
- Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) – single or family cover for length of program
Eligibility for International Research Training Programme Scholarship
To be qualified for the IRTP, a candidate has to:
- be undergoing a higher degree by research (HDR) as a foreign candidate as described in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth) at the University in the session of the IRTP Stipend (IRTP Stipends are not obtainable to candidates whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been approved by the University) in an accredited HDR program; and
- not be getting an equivalent award, allowance or salary offering a benefit higher than 75% of the IRTP Scholarship allowance rate to undertake the HDR. Income received from sources unrelated to the program of study is not bound by the 75% rule; and
- Not obtain an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth structured to offset HDR fees.
Candidates should make sure that they submit their finished application, including all needed supporting documentation, by the applicable application closing date. Incomplete and late applications will not be reviewed.
How to Apply for International Research Training Programme Scholarship
- There is no distinct Application Form for International Research Training Programme Scholarship for prospective candidates.
- Filling one form will mean that you are given consideration for all associated scholarship awards (including IRS and UTSP).
- If you wish to be given consideration for an IRTP and all associated scholarship awards, mark the YES box in the SCHOLARSHIP/SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION section of the online application for admission.
- Please check the “How to Apply and International Research Training Program Scholarships” in the Research Scholarships part of the UTS Research Degrees website for additional details.
- Candidates have to submit their finished application by the applicable application closing date. Incomplete application will not be given consideration.
The University will keep an eye on the ongoing eligibility of a candidate to make sure that the candidate continues to satisfy the eligibility conditions for the IRTP. The continuation of an IRTP is contingent on the IRTP beneficiary sustaining satisfactory progress. IRTP beneficiaries have to also comply with the University’s rules and regulations relating to Graduate Research Study obtainable on the University website at: http://www.gsu.uts.edu.au/rules/11-index.html.
The University may, in its discretion, decide to extend the length of the IRTP constituents of tuition fee and allowance for a period of up to six months given that the candidate is making satisfactory progress and the justifications for the extension relate to the study, are beyond the control of the candidate and are not of a personal nature. The conditions affecting the research should also be evident in the candidate’s Review of Progress.
Need more information? Contact…
UTS Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1336
New research students: UTS Future Research Students
Currently enrolled research candidates: UTS Current Research Students
Deadline: Research Session 2 – 2021 (January 15) applications end
Click here for more details and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here