The University of South Australia is offering International Research Tuition Scholarship to international students in the 2021/2022 academic session.
International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS) is awarded to international candidates on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated research capability, and who will be supported during their degree by a full living stipend supported by external funding.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Their culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Their graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Their research is ground-breaking and exploratory and they create new knowledge that is crucial to international economic and social prosperity.
Worth of International Research Tuition Scholarship at UNISA
- The International Research Tuition Scholarship will cover the international tuition fee for 3 years (plus a possibility of a 6-month extension) for a PhD student and the international tuition fee for two years for a research master’s candidate.
- The scholarship award does not provide international health cover and candidates are responsible for making sure they have visa length international health cover for themselves and, if applicable, their family.
Eligibility for International Research Tuition Scholarship at UNISA
In addition to meeting UniSA’s eligibility criteria, applicants must be:
- Commencing international research degree students
- High quality with demonstrated research capability
- Be supported by a strong supervisory panel(with end-user adviser on the supervisory panel, where appropriate), and be enrolled in a research-rich environment
- A beneficiary of (or have been granted) a fully externally funded stipend award, or in receipt of a living stipend/allowance supported by external funding*.
*Note: the living stipend/allowance needs to be in the form of an externally funded scholarship administered through the University or agreement with a sponsorship body or organisation.
How to Apply for International Research Tuition Scholarship at UNISA
Applications for the International Research Tuition Scholarship must be made online via the University’s Apply Online facility. Students must submit their application and supporting documents by the closing date for applications for scholarship rounds. Applications that do not have required supporting credentials will not proceed to evaluation for a scholarship. Supporting documents for all qualifications listed in the application must be certified before an unconditional offer can be made. Certified credentials carries the institution letterhead, seal, or official logo. Unofficial documents are not accepted. Provisional transcripts that have a final grade are acceptable if the candidate has not yet gotten an official transcript. Applications that present fabricated supporting documents will be instantly terminated and sent to UniSA compliance services for action with external authorities.
Research degree applications are submitted via a secure step-by-step online platform.
At UniSA, all research degree applications are made to a specific project as listed on their research projects page. Some projects have living allowance scholarship funding, and all projects list the Principal Supervisor. New projects are listed from time to time, so please fill out their expression of interest form if you wish to be informed of new projects in the future.
- Admission into a research degree at UniSA is on the basis of a potential student satisfying the admission conditions and minimum English language entry criteria.
- The evaluation and allocation of scholarship awards is a competitive procedure dependent on the merit of an application as proven through the Quality Assessment Model, and on UniSA areas of research priority and research strength.
- Some discretion exists in the assessment and allocation of scholarships according to the academic judgement of Division Scholarships Panel.
- UniSA reserves the right to decline an application for admission and/or scholarship where the intended research does not align with university research priorities or where appropriate supervision is not available.
You can submit an application for an International Research Tuition Scholarship at any time of the year.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here