International Student Scholarship Program at University of Montreal in Canada 2020
The University of Montreal, Canada is offering the International Student Scholarship Program to support international students in their quest for pursuing a university degree program at the Institution.
The objective of this new program is to assist the best talent from all over the world attend one of the best francophone research universities in the world. In turn, these international students will help fulfill our educational mission by enriching the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2020
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate, Masters & Doctorate
Value of Award: Up to $19,339 per year
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Eligibility for International Student Scholarship Program at University of Montreal
To be eligible, applicants must;
- possess a study permit and must neither be permanent residents of Canada nor Canadian citizens.
- have registered in a full-time approved study program
- submit certificates of the following qualification to demonstrate their proficiency in English: IELTS and TOEFL.
Benefits of International Student Scholarship Program at University of Montreal
The strength of your academic record is the only standard for assessment to determine the sum of the scholarship award. The results of the analysis are ranked according to the following three levels:
- Level A: $11,998 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $5,999 per session (15 credits) or $399 per credit
- Level B: $5,718 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,859 per session (15 credits) or $190.60 per credit
- Level C: $2,000 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,000 per session (15 credits) or $66.67 per credit
These amounts are applied to tuition fees of $23,662 per year (30 credits).
Graduate Programs – Masters
To assist you in your graduate program as a foreign student, a partial exemption scholarship from the extra tuition fees typically charged to international students is available.
- $9,420 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,140 per session (equivalent to 15 credits)
This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,300 per year (45 credits).
For the writing and correction sessions, the same tuition fees as those charged to Québec students will be applied.
Graduate Programs – PhD
To support you in your graduate studies as an international student, a complete waiver of the additional tuition fees normally charged to international students is available.
This exemption bursary allows you to benefit from the same tuition fees as Québec graduate studies students.
- $19,339 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $6,546 per session (equivalent to 15 credits) for the entire duration of your studies.
This amount is applied to the tuition fees of $24,300 per year (45 credits).
How to Apply for International Student Scholarship Program at University of Montreal
Applicants have to take admission to the applicable program and after that complete a declaration form. After receiving your admissions offer, the Université de Montréal will promptly inform you, by email, of the amount of the scholarship to which you are entitled. Print and keep this document in a safe place. It will be useful for future reference.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- September 1, 2020
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here