On behalf of the Department of Skills and Education, the Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students is managed by the Higher Education Authority (HEA). Following a fierce step based on an annual call for proposals from individual candidates, the HEA will also approve a defined number of scholarships under the scheme to successful candidates.
The Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students 2022/2023 is now open for applications to avail the opportunity to study for free in Ireland Universities. The scholarship offers master, bachelor, and doctoral level programs in their Irish Universities to all international students each year.
Worth of Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students
- The scholarships must be seen as highly desirable and value-adding to individuals’ ensuing lives and careers. In respect to this, the GOI-IES will be awarded.
- The Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students is awarded to high caliber higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries.
- Applicants are expected to study in the school for a period of one year.
- GOI-IES will also reflect Ireland’s commitment to excellence in the provision of higher education for both domestic and international students.
- GOI-IES will also show Ireland’s dedication for scholarships that will show its strengths as a center of international education.
- It will also promote links with target markets globally.
- GOI-IES will show Ireland’s dedication to strengthen the internationalization plan of HEIs especially in the context of the system performance framework.
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is usually directed at covering student costs and living expenses.
- The Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students stipend will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student and forwarded by that HEI to the student in two payments of €5,000.
- It is also expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023.
Eligibility for Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students
- The Scholarships will be given to students of high caliber from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year.
- Candidates must have a domiciliary of origin1 not equal to the EU/EEA or Switzerland.
- Scholarships may be accepted for study across all disciplines, subject to the availability of places.
- Please note that to the very large number of Ireland Scholarship applications, it will not be possible to give feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
How to Apply for Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students
Each candidate will need to apply for admission to a relevant Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. program which is offered by a qualified Higher Education Institution as per that HEI’s admission procedures. Candidates are expected to have a limited or final offer of admission to the HEI at the time of application and will need to submit a copy of the same.
However, should a candidate be in receipt of over one offer, separate applications may be submitted for each course offer. Final offers will be subject to admission to the appropriate HEI. Candidates should also make inquiries directly to the appropriate institution before the submission of an application to the HEA.
Application Deadline for Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students
The applications is now open and the centralized application system is available online and will be accepting applications.
The closing date for receipt of for Ireland Government Scholarship for international Students is 5 pm on February 28, 2022 (Irish Time). Late applications will not be accepted.
However, any questions as regards the call for applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Feb 28, 2022. The answers to all the questions received will be posted on www.EurIreland.ie website. Telephone queries will not be accommodated.
The HEA will advise the candidates and the HEIs of the outcome of the evaluation process by Feb 28, 2022. Click here for more information.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Europe scholarships here