John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship in Australia 2021
The Australian National University is taking applications from qualified candidates for the John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship award for Medical Research in the 2021/2022 academic year.
The John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship award for Medical Research provides a stipend and other advantages. It is normal for beneficiaries to undergo a study on a full-time basis. However, in line with strict conditions, the scholarship award can be granted for part-time study. Foreign scholars must undergo study on a full-time basis.
Worth of John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship
- Travel and Removal stipend for students moving to Canberra to start their research program
- Thesis allowance
- Paid medical, maternity and paternity leave
- The scholarship award has to be taken up in Canberra no later than the date stated in the offer letter, unless in special situations another date has been decided by the University.
- The length of a full-time John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship award for Medical Research will be three years initially or such shorter period as is specified in the offer letter.
- Periods of study already undertaken for the PhD degree will be deducted from the duration of the Scholarship.
- Lengths of study undergone for the PhD degree during suspension of the Scholarship award will be removed from the length of the Scholarship award.
- If qualified, a scholar may put in for an extension of Scholarship award by filling out the Application for Extension of Research Scholarship form. The highest period of extension is six months and an extension may be asked for only where the research has been hindered by situation beyond the scholar’s control and is linked to the research and is not of a personal nature.
- Durations of paid sick leave beyond ten days and maternity leave are additional to the normal length of the Scholarship award.
Eligibility for John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of upper second-class honours, or a Master’s degree with a research constituent or equivalent.
- first-class honours, or a research Master’s degree program from a renowned university; Australian and New Zealand Nationals;
- Permanent Resident of Australia and foreign students.
- Candidates should have handed in an Application for Admission to ANU.
This John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship award is granted on the condition that the candidate is admitted to and proceeds to pursue a full-time program of study for the PhD degree at the Australian National University in the program for which the scholarship award is granted. The awarding of a part-time
Scholarship award and/or transfer to a part-time Scholarship award is subject to approval by the University based on heavy care commitments or a medical situation. This Scholarship award is granted on the condition that, during the tenure of the Scholarship award, the scholar is not in receipt of any other equivalent or major living stipend award/scholarship or salary to undergo the intended program, offering a benefit more than 75% of the allowance of the awarded scholarship. The candidate should be working on research in medical research at the John Curtin School of Medical Research.
How to Apply for John James Memorial Foundation PhD Scholarship
- No application is needed particularly for this scholarship award as all eligible candidates will be given consideration.
- So as to be given consideration for this scholarship award in the main round of scholarship award offers, foreign students are needed to apply for admission by 31 August. Local students are required to put in for admission by 31 October. The College may decide to offer this scholarship award at any time of the year based upon the availability of funds.
- It is highly encouraged to establish contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a possible supervisor, before lodging an application for admission, to talk about the proposed research topic and related matters
Application for foreign candidates close on August 1, 2021.
Visit here for more details and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here