You are interested in furthering your education in the Netherlands. Good news! Justus and Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships is currently ongoing application for International Students at Delft University. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Justus and Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships are sponsored by the legacy of Justus and Louise van Effen. Mr. van Effen studied at TU Delft in the 1940’s and strongly believed technological developments will add to solving societal issues.
The Foundation Justus and Louise van Effen was founded with the objective of stimulating exceptional international MSc students and financially supporting them in their wish to study at TU Delft.
Delft University of Technology which is also known as TU Delft, is the largest and oldest Dutch public technical university. The university was located in Delft, Netherlands, it is constantly ranked as one of the best universities in the Netherlands, and as of 2020 the university is ranked by QS World University Rankings among the top 15 engineering and technology universities in the world.
However, with eight faculties and many research institutes, Delft University has over 26,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate) and 6,000 employees (teaching, research, support and management staff).
Delft University was founded on 8 January 1842 by William II of the Netherlands as a Royal Academy, with the primary aim of training civil servants for work in the Dutch East Indies. The school enlarged its research and education curriculum over time, becoming a polytechnic school in 1864 and an institute of technology (making it a full-fledged university) in 1905. In 1986, it changed its name to Delft University of Technology.
One of the objective of the academy was to educate civil servants for the colonies of the Dutch East India Company. The first director of the academy was Antoine Lipkens, constructor of the first Dutch optical telegraph, called simply as Lipkens.
Delft University of Technology is a public legal entity in line with the Higher Education and Research Act (WHW). The original tasks include providing scientific education, controlling scientific research, transferring knowledge to society and enhancing social responsibility.
The university has been selected as a ‘public benefit institution’. There are three administrative levels at Delft University: the faculties, the Executive Board, and the academic departments. These three administrative levels are ruled based on the principle of integral management: the Executive Board.
Worth of Justus and Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships for International Students at Delft University
- These scholarship covers full fee waiver for a TUDelft MSc programme and living expenses.
- It also provide membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, seminars, Workshops.
Eligibility for Justus and Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships for International Students at Delft University
To be qualified for Justus and Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships, each candidate must be an exceptional international candidate admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc program with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in their bachelor’s degree from an internationally prestigious university.
How to Apply for Justus and Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships for International Students at Delft University
- To apply for Justus and Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships, check if you’re qualified
- You should also complete your MSc application and check the admission requirements
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document), according to the specified requirement and before the application deadline indicated above. To be considered for a scholarship, you are expected to upload your reference letters and application form before you submit the application and before the scholarship deadline or have your referee/s send the letter/s before the scholarship deadline.
- Your reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application or if you have uploaded/received after the scholarship deadline.
- Then you can upload the English language certificate
- You should also note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
- All documents needed for the scholarship must be submitted together with the MSc Application. After submission no extra documents can be uploaded.
- For more information, visit official website.
Application Deadline for Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships for International Students at Delft University
The application deadline for these scholarship is December 1, 2021.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here