University of Stirling Management School in the United Kingdom is providing the Karen Napier Scholarship awards for foreign students seeking full-time MSc Investment Analysis in September 2021.
University of Stirling is a global university that welcomes the world with majestic Scottish hospitality. Thinking and working internationally is part of their day-to-day teaching and research practice. They have affiliations with more than 70 universities globally while the contribution from her foreign students and staff from all around the world is vital to their continued success and international outlook. They provide their students with experiences of a lifetime via their Study Abroad program and get them ready to thrive as international citizens in an increasingly linked world.
Two Karen Napier scholarship awards are charitably sponsored by the Karen Napier Charity and the University of Stirling Management School in memorial of Karen, an alumnus of the MSc in Investment Analysis.
About the Program
The University of Stirling MSc Investment Analysis has a first-class repute and is the UK’s longest-created postgraduate program in the field. It is also one of very few master’s degree programs in the United Kingdom to be recognized under the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program. This recognizes that the program covers a minimum of 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge and places importance on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. The program positions scholars well to acquire the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, which has become the most valued and recognized investment qualification in the world.
Their Investment Analysis candidates have successfully contested in the esteemed CFA Institute Research Challenge, gaining a position in the UK Final in ten out of twelve years. The contest is seen as the “investment Olympics” for university candidates, and requires contestants to take on the role of investment analysts and produce a report on a publicly traded firm with a buy, hold or sell advice. The chance to be a part of their CFA Institute Research Challenge team affords you a distinct chance to test your knowledge in a ‘real-world’ situation.
On this Masters course you’ll:
- learn the use of qualitative and quantitative methods to value investments
- develop and evaluate portfolio management strategies
- develop the ability to extract crucial details from financial reports
- understand risk management tools
- assess macroeconomic and market trends
- analyse financial data relating to investments
- learn about the methods used to evaluate investments and to grow and assess investment portfolios
- analyse investment regulations and ethics
Worth of Karen Napier Scholarship
Each Scholarship award will cover the program tuition fees and will also offer a maintenance award of£4,000.
Eligibility for Karen Napier Scholarship at University of Stirling Management School
- This Karen Napier Scholarship award will be granted based on academic merit and the quality of the personal statement.
- Candidates may be of any nationality and are required to possess an offer (conditional or unconditional) of admission on the full-time MSc Investment Analysis for entry in September 2021.
- Candidates of any nationality can apply for this scholarship.
- The criteria for a particular English Language test score like IELTS or TOEFL may be waived if instruction and evaluation of candidate’s first-degree study have been in English.
- Scholarship awards are obtainable for pursuing Master of Science (MSc) program provided at Stirling Management School.
How to Apply for Karen Napier Scholarship at University of Stirling Management School
- Complete the Application Form, ensuring that all sections are answered legibly
- Submit a statement of up to 700 words stating why a Karen Napier Scholarship would help you, and what your career or educational aims are for the five-year period after you graduate from the Investment Analysis program.
- The application deadline is May 28, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here