Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship in Germany 2021
The Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) in Germany welcomes applications from qualified candidates for Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship program for Africans in 2021.
The Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies e.V. (IASS) is global, inter- and trans-disciplinary research institution situated in Potsdam. Prof. Dr Klaus Töpfer is the Establishment Director of the IASS. The primary purpose of the institute is to incorporate various types of knowledge required to support a transformation of society in the direction of sustainability by carrying out scientific research especially in the areas of air quality and energy transitions, climate change, governance for sustainable growth, and others.
Central to the functions of the IASS, the Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship program offers fellows considerable scope for getting involved in societal debates. These debates are on the execution of sustainable growth strategies and refining their own particular technique. Along with their stipend, the IASS offers Klaus Töpfer Fellows up to 50,000 euros. This is to provide any material expenses incurred over the duration of the one-year fellowship program.
With an abundance of experience in science, politics and the non-profit industry, Klaus Töpfer exemplifies the unique combination of viewpoints needed to realize the vision of the IASS. With its Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship program, the IASS looks to support persons who, like Klaus Töpfer, are devoted to sustainable growth and create bridges between science, politics and society.
The IASS is therefore seeking applications from exceptionally gifted young early to mid-career professionals from Germany or overseas who have worked for a minimum of ten years on sustainability issues and have the prospect to function as change agents towards sustainable growth. The candidate should bring pioneering ideas from his or her respective areas in science, civil society, the arts, business, politics or other areas of society and work experience across various nations and cultures
Worth of Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship
It is worthy of note that
- Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship program is granted for one year.
- Fellows obtain financial compensation aimed to cover their extra living expenses during their stay in Germany.
- The precise amount is dependent on the particular situation of the successful candidate and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- IASS can also offer resources to provide travel costs, publication fees, support for organizing seminars, production expenses for artistic work, etc.
Eligibility for Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship
For you to be qualified for this fellowship program, you are required to
- be an exceptionally talented young early to a mid-career professional from Germany or overseas who has worked for a minimum of ten years on sustainability matters.
- possess the prospect to function as change agents towards sustainable growth.
- bring pioneering ideas from your respective field in science, civil society, the arts, business, politics or other areas of society as well
- work experience across various nations and cultures.
How to Apply for Klaus Topfer Sustainability Fellowship
As you prepare to hand in your applications, make sure that you include the following documents;
- A motivation letter: Please state any prior experience at the border of science and another sector of society (like politics, the arts, business, media, etc.)
- An updated CV, which should not be more than four pages, summarising your career path and most important accomplishments. As regards lists, please restrict this to the five most crucial items (e.g., five most crucial publications).
- A proposal summarising the activities to be carried out during the time as a Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellow. The proposal must not be longer than ten pages (not including references).
- A minimum of one recommendation letter. The recommendation letter should comprise biographical details and contact information of the person recommending.
- Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will end on April 12, 2021.
Visit here for more information and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here