Application is now open for the Queen Elizabeth II 2023 Academy For Leadership In International Affairs Masterclass Program. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Chatham House and the Program
The goal of Chatham House is to be a premier global source of unbiased analysis, intelligent discussion, and ground-breaking concepts on how to create a prosperous and safe society for all. Located in St. James’s Square in London, Chatham House was established in 1920. The foundation of all Chatham House initiatives is research. To set the agenda and shape policy, they conduct independent and thorough analyses. They do this by promoting fresh perspectives and futuristic thinking in international affairs.
The Academy offers a professional development program called the Leadership Masterclass Programme. It is a nine-month, part-time alternative for working professionals that runs concurrently with Academy fellowships from early October 2023 through June 2024. The Asfari Foundation, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, and Robert Bosch Stiftung are its sponsors.
A variety of regular sessions and activities, all held at Chatham House with top-notch experts, are available to participants in the Leadership Masterclass Programme, which was established in 2017. These sessions and activities give participants the chance to engage and develop their capacity for independent thinking on global policy issues and leadership. With the assistance of a qualified career counselor, they may also create a network with other people who share their interests.
Details about Queen Elizabeth II 2023 Academy For Leadership In International Affairs Masterclass Program:
Scholarship Sponsor: Asfari Foundation, Robert Bosch Stiftung and Mo Ibrahim Foundation/Chatham House
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Chatham House
Eligibility Criteria for Queen Elizabeth II 2023 Academy For Leadership In International Affairs Masterclass Program
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Queen Elizabeth II 2023 Academy For Leadership In International Affairs Masterclass Program:
- Citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine (State of Palestine), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Yemen, and Palestine (State of Palestine) are eligible to apply for the Asfari Foundation stream.
- Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, and Russia are eligible to apply for the Robert Bosch Stiftung stream.
- Any African national may join the Mo Ibrahim Foundation stream.
- Those with a base in London are eligible to apply for the program.
- As the program is intended to be offered in person, preference is given to applicants who could travel to London one day per week (often Wednesday).
- Career: Only those who fit the bill and are employed in one of the following sectors are eligible: academics, non-profit organizations, business, government agencies, civil society, or the media.
- Age limitations: There are no age restrictions for applicants to the program.
- Attain the required nationality
- Professionals who can exhibit great potential to flourish in their sector or subject and who are in the early to mid-stages of their careers
- Own or desire to possess positions that call for thinking or action on a global scale.
- Comprehending how global policy concerns are interrelated
- Work in or desire to work in positions requiring a deep grasp of policy and the ability to influence it. Possess a global perspective and an understanding of the difficulties associated with collaborating with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Show how they meet the requirements.
- Be inspired by Chatham House’s principles and objectives.
The masterclass opportunity will benefit participants at this stage of their careers, and participants will be chosen based on their experience, competence, and qualifications. To guarantee a diverse cohort, the Academy staff will also evaluate the backgrounds of other Leadership Masterclass participants and Academy fellows.
- Stage one: Fill out the form completely. The screening committee will shortlist all candidates after reviewing each application as it is received.
- Stage two: Based on their resumes and responses to the questions on the application form, participants will be chosen, and they will be contacted through email.
Required Documents for Application
- A completed application form
- The applicant’s CV/résumé
Application Process for Queen Elizabeth II 2023 Academy For Leadership In International Affairs Masterclass Program
Interested applicants should fill out the application form for the program. If there is anything that can be done to improve your experience or support you, please get in touch at Academy@Chathamhouse.org
The Application Deadline is: September 4, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.