The Sustainable Development Solutions Network in the United States is welcoming applications for the SDSN unit of the Local Pathways Fellowship program for Urban Leaders in 2021.
The Local Pathways Fellowship program looks to offer young leaders with the tools, a stage and a guiding basis for action, and link them with leading urban development specialists and practitioners.
The fellows will take on a journey throughout which they will explore pathways for “localizing” the globally adopted goals and targets, exchange knowledge and ideas, and work to engage local stakeholders in a dialogue around strategies and plans their city needs to build a better future for its citizens.
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) publicized the start of the request for applications for the 2021 cohort of its Local Pathways Fellowship program. The Fellowship program is one of the world’s foremost training and research programs on SDG11 for young urban leaders.
Each year, the Local Pathways Fellowship brings together a network of over sixty young thought leaders, sustainability practitioners, urban planners, researchers, and visionaries from over fifty cities around the world to move forward local dialogue, partnership, and problem solving around Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11) to make cities and urban settlements “smart, fair and sustainable”.
- Encourage young individuals to rally citizens’ support for the 2030 Agenda and secure local devotion to prioritize execution of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Offer young individuals the means to engage domestic stakeholders in dialogue and partnership for sustainable development
- Equip young individuals with the tools and means to advance problem-solving for sustainable development at the domestic level
- Train a young cohort of urban sustainability leaders and SDG advocates by enlightening them about the process of “localizing” the SDGs
Worth of Award
- The Fellowship program provides the knowledge, means, and platform required to empower young urban innovators to take domestic actions for the execution of the UN 2030 Agenda in their localities by:
- Guiding and informing their support and outreach work;
- Offering them a framework for engagement with domestic stakeholders;
- Enabling mutual learning and conversation on urban solutions; and
- Backing their efforts to encourage domestic understanding, discussion and problem-solving for sustainable development.
Eligibility for Local Pathways Fellowship
Local Pathways Fellowship program requirements for the candidates:
- Welcomes young candidates all over the globe, fervent about sustainable urban development.
- Be within 18 and 30 years old (exemptions may apply);
- Be living in the same city all through the Fellowship program
- Proven devotion to working toward urban sustainable development;
- At least one year of specialized or academic experience in development practice, community engagement, urban planning, and advocacy, or similar.
How to Apply for Local Pathways Fellowship
Applications are accessible online. Go to the website and apply.
Application Deadline: Application ends on November 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here