Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants in USA and Canada 2022
Universities in Canada and the United States are welcoming applications for the Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants in the 2022/23 academic session.
Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants assists women from developing nations in their pursuit of advanced education. Their establishment draws motivation from Margaret McNamara and her vision of education and gender-equal opportunity. Their mission is to help women from developing nations who are pursuing their studies with the intention of improving the lives of women and children in their nations. They are one of the few establishments that offer financial aid to such women.
Worth of Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants
In previous years, awards of up to US$15,000 have been granted in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in Latin America, Africa, and Trinity programs. Award amounts may differ, based on exchange rates and obtainability of funds.
Eligibility for Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants
Candidates have to meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Be minimum of 25 years old at the time of application closing date (check specific regional program application below);
- Be a citizen of a nation listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (with the exception of the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be registered (not just admitted) at a recognized academic institution when handing in the application, and plan to be registered for a whole academic term after award of the scholarship by the Board;
- Not be related to an International Monetary Fund, World Bank Group, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or partner.
Along with the general eligibility conditions, a candidate has to:
- Prior to now be enrolled as a full-time candidate, with a relevant student visa in the national passport, and plan to continue studying full time in the following academic year;
- not possess US permanent residency (green card) citizenship or or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant standing
How to Apply for Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants
Before commencing the Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants application procedure, please scan the following credentials in digital form. (pdf preferred);
- Identification (ID) card with photograph:
- A- international passport page with photo and date of birth, if schooling outside your home nation, or
- B- government/university-issued ID card with photo and date of birth;
- Latest evidence of official enrolment from university (not their admission letter);
- Latest official university transcripts and/or reports
- Visa page or study permit page within the present passport (if studying outside home nation);
- Second passport page with a clear photo (in case of multiple citizenships).
You will be required to submit these documents at particular areas of the on-line application form. You will also submit:
- Concise paragraphs of your personal story, and an explanation of how your education, experiences and future plans are linked to your devotion to women and children in developing nations;
- An estimation of your financial circumstances for the coming academic session, and intended strategies to provide funding needs;
- An abstract of your thesis (if applicable), comprising its objective, methodology and findings, and relationship to career objectives.
Two reference letters are needed.
- One referee has to be a faculty member from your present university. Second referee may be from an individual (non-family member) who can attest for your character. At least one of the persons should have known you for the equivalent of a minimum of two semesters.
- Please get in touch with two people from whom you would like to ask for a reference letter. After getting their confirmation, you will be required to provide in the application form:
- You have to submit email addresses of the two individuals submitting references. They will each get an email link from Embark Online to write their references. When their recommendation letters are submitted, you will also be informed by Embark.
Application ends on January 15, 2022
Visit here for more details and to apply
Not interested in Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants? See other Canada scholarships here