The RMIT University is offering Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships to two Malaysian students to start a master’s program at the University in 2022. Keep reading this post to know more about Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships, their worth, eligibility, and application process.
RMIT University, officially the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology is a public research university in Melbourne, Australia. The university was established in 1887 by Francis Ormond. It started as a night school offering classes in art, science, and technology, in response to the industrial revolution in Australia.
The university was a private college for over a hundred years before joining the Phillip Institute of Technology to become a public university in 1992. RMIT University has an enrolment of about 95,000 higher and vocational education students, making it the largest dual-sector education institution in Australia.
However, with annual revenue of around A$1.5 billion, RMIT University is also one of the wealthiest universities in Australia. It is ranked a five-star university by Quacquarelli Symonds and is ranked 15th in the World for art and design subjects in the QS World University Rankings, making it the top art and design university in Australia and Oceania.
The main campus of RMIT University is based on the northern edge of the historic Hoddle Grid in the city center of Melbourne. The university has two satellite campuses in the city’s northern suburbs of Brunswick and Bundoora and a training site based on the RAAF Williams base in the western suburb of Point Cook.
The RMIT University also has a training site at Bendigo Airport in the Victorian city of Bendigo and a research site in Hamilton near the Grampians National Park. In Asia, the university has two branch campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi and a training center in Da Nang in Vietnam as well as teaching partnerships in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, and Sri Lanka.
In addition, in Europe, RMIT University has a research and collaboration center in the Spanish city of Barcelona. The university aims at applied research as well as outcome-related research and consultancy services and has large partnerships with the government and industry.
The university mainly focuses its research on the areas of design, technology, health, globalization, and sustainability. RMIT University’s Portfolio of Research and Innovation operates on a similar scale to its colleges, and also contains a specialist research school to promote excellence in research methodology and pedagogy.
In addition to the Portfolio of Research and Innovation, more than 50 research centers operate independently within RMIT’s colleges and schools as well as a large number of smaller research groups.
Worth of Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships
All successful candidates of Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships will get a single payment of AUD$10,000 for the tuition fees.
Eligibility for Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships
- The candidates for Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships should be citizens of Malaysia.
- You should fulfill the academic and English language requirements for entry into your selected programs.
- Each candidate is expected to start their RMIT program in 2022.
- To be qualified for Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships, you will not receive any other scholarship sponsored by Australian or foreign organizations.
- The candidates for the scholarship should have an offer from RMIT University for the program they have applied for.
- All applicants are expected to have excellent academic results.
- Each scholar should complete the scholarship expression of interest form and the university’s application form.
- Each candidate should submit a curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, and an essay stating reasons for applying to the scholarship on a page.
How to Apply for Malaysia Australia Colombo Commemoration Scholarships
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is April 30, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here