The University Of Hohenheim is now accepting applications for its partially funded Masters Agricultural Economics Scholarships.
About the University Of Hohenheim and Scholarship
The University of Hohenheim is a German campus university that is situated in the region south of Stuttgart. It is Stuttgart’s oldest university and was established in 1818.
Masters Agriculture Economic Scholarships in Germany at the University of Hohenheim 2023 without IELTS are open for International Students. The scholarship permits enrollment in Masters-level agricultural economics programs offered by the University of Hohenheim.
A small number of scholarships are available for the MSc in Agricultural Economics program at the University of Hohenheim through the special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS), which is sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The DAAD supports outstanding individuals from developing nations who have a good foundation in academia and business through the EPOS scholarships.
Scholarship recipients typically have work experience in a government agency, a state institution, or a private business in a developing nation. As a result, they will have been involved in the planning and implementation of projects and directives with a focus on development policies related to technology, economics, and/or social impact.
In addition to receiving health insurance, a monthly living allowance, reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Germany, and funding for research, beneficiaries of the DAAD EPOS scholarship will also have their tuition for the two years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program waived (for more information and extras, check the EPOS homepage). In addition, before beginning the Master’s program, students must take an intensive German language course from August through September at a language school in Germany as part of the DAAD EPOS project.
Details about Masters Agricultural Economics Scholarships at the University Of Hohenheim:
Scholarship Sponsor: University Of Hohenheim, Germany
Scholarship Value: Partially Funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University Of Hohenheim, Germany
Subjects: Agricultural Economics
The University of Hohenheim will cover all tuition costs for the selected candidates for the two years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program, in addition to providing health insurance, a monthly living allowance, and reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Germany as well as for research.
Masters Agricultural Economics Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Masters Agricultural Economics Scholarships at the University Of Hohenheim:
- All Nationalities.
- The DAAD EPOS standards AND the AgEcon program entry requirements must both be met by scholarship candidates.
Selection Criteria for DAAD EPOS Scholarship
There are severe standards and a very competitive application procedure. Applicants must at least meet the following standards as a minimum to be taken into consideration:
- Citizen of a developing nation.
- Before the application deadline, you must have at least 2 years of professional experience after earning your bachelor’s degree.
It should be noted that employment in academia, such as teaching and research in a university or research institute, is not generally regarded as relevant work experience for this project and is only sometimes recognized.
- Academic degrees must be no older than six years.
- Aspirations and drives associated with the development
- Must not have spent more than 15 months in Germany as of the application deadline.
Selection Criteria for MSc. Agricultural Economics
Applicants receiving scholarships must also meet the following conditions for the Master’s degree program:
- With above-average grades, a bachelor’s degree in a comparable field
- According to the entrance requirements (see below), official proof of English competence is required. Example: TOEFL ibt (90), IELTS academic (overall Band 6.5).
Note: It is NOT ENOUGH to have a language competency certificate from your school. You must provide the results of an official English exam, even if you have studied in English during your whole academic career (as in, for instance, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, etc.).
No exclusions apply.
- Evidence of economics and statistics classes at the undergraduate level
- The AgEcon PreTest serves as evidence of one’s evaluation.
- An up-to-date CV (Europass), a motivation letter (maximum 2 pages), a physically signed and dated employer recommendation from a current employer, on business letterhead, mentioning the job and the referee’s contact information, dated and signed
- Certificate(s) of Employment from your employer(s) attesting to your present employment and that you have worked for at least two years in an appropriate position (between receiving your bachelor’s degree and the application deadline).
- Proof of English language ability as stated above
- Original copies of diplomas and transcripts of records with certified translations into German or English, if they were issued in another language
- Original copies of the University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) (secondary school diploma), with certified translations into either English or German (if issued in another language).
- Ranking Letter if further evidence is required to demonstrate that your previous degree’s final grade was genuinely above average
- AKAdemische Prüfstelle (APS Certificate) is required for candidates from China and Vietnam.
Application Process for Masters Agricultural Economics Scholarships
There are two stages to the DAAD EPOS scholarship application for the MSc. in Agricultural Economics:
- Sending the DAAD Application Form and any necessary supporting materials through email to email@example.com;
- Submitting an online application for admission to the “AgEcon” program through HohCampus, the university’s application site.
The Submission Deadline is: December 15, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.