You are furthering your education in USA. Good news. Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships is currently ongoing application. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships in University of California is offered for Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mathematics. The University of California is offering Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at the Department of Mathematics. Please note that the scholarships are given to the incoming freshmen with exceptional background and promise in mathematics.
The University of California is a public land-grant research university in Los Angeles, California. The university’s academic roots were founded in 1882 as a teachers college then known as the southern branch of the California State Normal School (now San José State University). This school was involved with the official founding of University of California as the Southern Branch of the University of California in 1919, making it the second-oldest (after UC Berkeley) of the 10-campus University of California system.
However, the University of California offers 337 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a wide range of disciplines, enrolling almost 31,500 undergraduate and 12,800 graduate students. The university had 168,000 candidates for Fall 2021, including transfer candidates, making the school the most applied-to of any university in the United States.
The University of California is a system of 10 campuses, five medical centers and three combined national laboratories. The Office of the President is located in Oakland CA and is the University’s headquarters. UCOP supports campuses and scholars through system-wide funding and programs. It also manage the University’s multi-billion dollar operations and investments.
UCOP oversees medical centers and national labs. It provides centralized labor relations and legal services. It enhances the well-being of its diverse and large workforce through benefits and retirement programs.
The University of California is organized into six undergraduate colleges, seven professional schools, and four professional health science schools. The undergraduate colleges are the College of Letters and Science; Samueli School of Engineering; School of the Arts and Architecture; Herb Alpert School of Music; School of Theater, Film and Television; and School of Nursing.
The university is seen as one of the country’s Public Ivies, and is often ranked among the best universities in the world by major college and university rankings. As of October 2021, 27 Nobel laureates, three Fields Medalists, five Turing Award winners, and two Chief Scientists of the U.S. Air Force have been combined with University of California as faculty, researchers, or alumni. Among the current faculty members, 41 have been elected to the National Academy of Medicine, 55 to the National Academy of Sciences, 32 to the National Academy of Engineering, and 156 to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. The university was also elected to the Association of American Universities in 1974.
Worth of Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California
- This scholarship is provided by University of California and the value of is Full Funding of Tuition fees, Room and board.
- The Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships is open to all nationals.
- Each candidate should maintain GPA of minimum 3.5 in Mathematics courses, declare and remain in a mathematics major, maintain satisfactory progress, and also excel in the basic exam by the end of their third year for the renewal of the scholarship.
- Please note that the award is renewed for four years.
Eligibility for Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the scholars applying for Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California should be a 12th grader applying to UCLA for admission.
- The candidates should be in the top 25% in the U.S.A. Mathematics Olympiad (USAMO), or comparable (International Mathematics Olympiad level) performance on a similar national competition, or upper-division college-level coursework, or research work in mathematics to be eligible for this scholarship.
- To be qualified for this scholarship, the applicants should have an exceptional academic record and standardized test scores ACT/SAT or TOEFL.
- To be qualified, the candidates for Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California should complete the university’s admissions application and the Merit Scholarship Application by the specified deadline.
How to Apply for Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California
- If you are interested in this scholarship and eligible, visit the university’s official website to apply.
- Candidates must also submit the official University of California admissions application by its deadline http://www.admission.ucla.edu/infoprospective.htm.
Application Deadline for Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California
The application deadline for this scholarship is Nov 30, 2021.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here