You want to pursue your studies in Germany. Good news! Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students is currently ongoing application. This is a fully funded scholarship for international students. IMPRS PhD Program in Science is open to international students who want to undertake doctoral studies at Germany’s International Max Planck Research School.
Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental and Systems Biology trains talented young doctoral researchers based in three locations in Dresden, incorporating Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science and working with top scientists from more than 50 countries to ask: How do cells form tissues and organisms? Our PhD learners are also passionate about cross-disciplinary science and are pursuing fresh directions in studies.
At Max Planck Research School, we are seeking apps from skilled and inventive young researchers who are peculiar by nature and hungry for fresh alternatives under our study mission. Successful candidates have a burning ambition to shape the future of science and the ability to excel in a very competitive and combining setting. The period program for these scholarship is 4 years.
Here are the lists of courses offered by Max Planck Research School Scholarships
- Computer science
- Applied Mathematics
- Life Sciences
Worth of Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students
- The scholarship warrants full financial support for the whole duration of your PhD work for up to 4 years. Please note that the PhD projects in the university cannot extend beyond 4 years.
- Financial support is also granted via an employment contract according to 65% TvöD E13 (German tariff for employees in civil service).
- Max Planck Research School Scholarships covers health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits. However, the net take-home pay for PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,600 Euro per month.
Eligibility for Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students
To be qualified for Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students, each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The required language for this scholarship is English.
- To be eligible for Max Planck Research School Scholarships, we recommend that you include TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- All world countries are qualified for this scholarship.
- To be qualified for this scholarship, your admission is solely based on prior scientific qualifications and future potential. This also ensures the recruitment of only the highest eligible applicants in a fair and transparent manner.
- Each candidate must also hold a university degree or have a scheduled graduation date before starting your thesis work to be qualified.
- Exclusive proficiency in textbook scientific knowledge is important to be qualified for Max Planck Research School Scholarships. Enthusiasm and collegiality are also important.
- Each applicant must hold, or anticipate receiving, a Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering before taking up PhD thesis work.
- Candidates holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis is part of the curriculum.
- As English is the required language of the program, scholars should demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English proficiency.
- Candidates previously affiliated with an IMPRS group for over 3 months are considered “internal applicants”. In general, internal applicants are qualified for admission. They may also join a research group for PhD thesis work if the previous affiliation with this group did not exceed 12 months.
- Internal applicants must also show exceptional performance and the highest potential in order to be invited for interviews.
Evaluation Process for Max Planck Research School Scholarships
Having completed the eligible applications, we will proceed to evaluation. The first evaluation takes into account the candidates’ national education system, and is executed by internal experts of the respective educational system.
Furthermore, we may also conduct a phone or Skype interviews during the evaluation process. Eligible applications are recommended to faculty members for further assessment. They jointly short-list the applicants to be invited for the interview week in Dresden.
How to Apply for Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students
- Familiarize yourself with our research and featured open positions.
- Ensure that you are eligible and are passionate about doing research with us.
- To apply for these scholarship, you need to ask 2 referees to support your application.
- Complete the application form then submit once your referees have contributed their recommendation.
The applications for Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students are accepted at any time
To know more about Max Planck Research School Scholarships for International Students please click here.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here