You are willing to pursue your studies in Australia. Good news! Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students are currently ongoing application. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about this scholarship program, its worth and step by step application process.
Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students is a partially funded scholarship. The International Undergraduate Scholarships was established by the University of Melbourne in the recognition of important contribution made by international students to the variety of the University’s student population.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the criteria of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. The University of Melbourne is a public research university which is located in Australia.
Melbourne University was established in 1853, it is also Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. The university’s main campus is located in Parkville, an inner suburb north of Melbourne’s central business district, with several other campuses located across Victoria.
The University of Melbourne has a funding of about $1.335 billion which is the largest of any Australian tertiary institution. But, Australian endowments are quite small compared with those of the wealthiest US universities. The University of Melbourne Award recognizes individuals who have made an exceptional and enduring contribution to the University and its scholarly community. Candidates of the award are acknowledged by bronze commemorative plaques with Professors Walk on the Parkville campus.
However, the university’s endowments recovered after hardship following the 2008 Great Recession, which reduce its investments by 22%. This required the restructuring of the university, including cutting of some staff, largely through excess and early retirements. The program period for these scholarship is three years. To find all the available courses, click here.
Worth of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships will provide each applicants with the following:
- The scholarship provides 50 scholarships each year for undergraduate studies.
- The Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships also provide $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree.
- It also provide 50% fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree, or 100% fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree.
Eligibility for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
To be eligible for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships, you must fulfill the following:
- Each candidate must have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course.
- The required language for these scholarship is English.
- All World Countries are qualified for these scholarship except Australia and New Zealand.
- To be qualified for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships, each candidate must have achieved exceptional final year school results, such as:
At least 97% in an approved foundation program
At least four A* grades in the GCE A Levels
At least a score of 43 in the International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Each candidate must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies which excludes extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program.
How to apply for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
To apply for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships, please follow the following instructions:
- Please note that no application is required as you will be automatically considered for this award.
- All qualified candidates who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
- To apply for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships, choose an undergraduate course here.
- Interested candidates can also apply through the online application system.
To get more information about the application process please click here.
Application Deadline for Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
The application deadline for this scholarship is November 30 2021.
To know more about Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships, please click here.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here