Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University is offered to foreign students from certain countries who are able to demonstrate outstanding academic results.
ECU aims to give outstanding students from around the world the opportunity to pursue their studies and gain a world-class education. Outstanding students from the following countries are eligible for the Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, ominica, El Salvador, Vanuatu, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Venezuela, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Comoros, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Libya, Macedonia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Mongolia, Montenegro, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia, Lebanon, Mali, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Nauru, Moldova, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Niger, Rwanda, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Swaziland, Mozambique, Tajikistan, Togo, Namibia, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Yemen, Uganda, and Zambia.
- 31 Jul 2021
- Undergraduate studies in any field.
Eligibility for Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University
- Students must be from one of the eligible countries.
- The applicant should not be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen.
- Applicant must study onshore at Edith Cowan University Joondalup, Edith Cowan University Mount Lawley, or Edith Cowan University South West (Bunbury) Campus.
- Not a recipient of a government scholarship award or industry sponsorship.
- Obtain an offer of admission to study an undergraduate degree program between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021.
- Applicants must have outstanding academic achievement in their previous studies (as determined by ECU).
- Satisfy ECU’s higher entry conditions and commence study in the program in 2021.
- Study an undergraduate degree excluding:
- o C33 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- o K89 – Bachelor of Science (Paramedical)
- o Y68 – Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- o Y76 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)or Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- o Y42 – Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- o Y41 – Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Benefits of Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University
The Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University offers a reduction of 20% in the applicant tuition fees for the duration of your course at Edith Cowan University.
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these conditions at the time of applying and throughout their course.
- The recipient has to be in constant good standing educationally and financially.
- The beneficiary has to keep a full-time enrolment load of 60 credit points every study period and must not defer their education for over one study period during their program unless if it’s explicitly approved by ECU in its complete discretion.
- The scholarship can’t be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission.
- The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU at the relevant census date on a unit-by-unit basis.
- The start of the scholarship can’t be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the payment prescribed deadline.
- The recipient may lose their scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship, or another ECU scholarship during the period of the scholarship.
- The beneficiary has to respect all applicable conditions under ECU’s laws, by-laws, policies, rules, processes or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa conditions.
- The candidates are required to notify ECU of any change of situations that may affect their ongoing eligibility to obtain the scholarship award.
How to Apply for Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University
No separate scholarship application is required. If the applicant’s ECU course application is approved, he/she will automatically be assessed for this scholarship by the ECU Admissions Office.
The application for an ECU course can be done online via the ECU Online application portal or through one of the ECU’s Authorized Agents.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here