The University of Oxford welcomes applications for the Michael Wills Scholarship obtainable to candidates for the 2021/2022 academic session.
They have to ordinarily be resident in any of the below nations and be submitting application to any of the following full-time programs: MPhil Development Studies; MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy; MSc Economics for Development; MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies; and MSc Migration Studies.
The Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford is funded with the backing of the Dulverton Trust and the University of Oxford Department of International Development. The Dulverton Trust intends to support projects and individuals who can make a difference in the world, with special focus on social matters, the natural world and heritage. The Dulverton graduate scholarship awards at Oxford make up part of that vision, allowing exceptional scholars to undertake world-leading education at Oxford University, with the aim of using the experience and understanding they gain to offer leadership in their home region after their education.
Worth of Award
The Michael Wills Scholarship award at University of Oxford provides course fees and a grant for living expenses. Scholarship awards are made for the full length of your fee liability for the agreed program.
Eligibility for Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford
- Angola, Botswana, Benin, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Capo Verde, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Comoros, Chad, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Guinea, Ghana, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Madagascar, Liberia, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, South Sudan, Somalia, Swaziland, Togo, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Qualified applicants who are ordinarily living in South Africa may also be given.
- Candidates should intend to go back to their nation of ordinary residence on conclusion of their programs.
- Preference will be afforded to candidates from nations that have experienced conflict in the somewhat recent past, and to candidates who have not before now studied in the UK or the United States.
Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford – How to Apply
- The Michael Wills scholarship award is one that you will be given consideration for automatically if you satisfy the eligibility conditions and apply for your program by the applicable January closing date.
- You will be given automatic consideration for the scholarship award as part of the standard admissions procedure, or gotten in touch with directly by the University and invited to apply.
- Please check the Standard scholarship selection terms for additional details about the application and selection procedure.
Apply for your program by the applicable January closing date and Selection is anticipated to take place by the end of May 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here