Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (National Research University) is taking applications for the MIPT Scholarships for exceptional international students granted by the Russian Government for the 2022/23 academic session.
Foreign students can apply for MIPT Scholarships. The MIPT Scholarships will entirely waive all tuition fees for chosen full-degree Bachelor’s, Masters, and PhD degree programs at MIPT.
The Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology is one of the foremost Russian higher academic institutions in the fields of physics and technology. The university sits in a reputable position in the nation and overseas for qualified graduate training. Scholars and graduates of MIPT are representatives of an elite circle who, owing to their interdisciplinary scientific environments, are able to completely attain their potential. The strong old student community is spread far and wide, and comprises top range scientists, businessmen, people of art, politicians, many of who are beneficiaries of prestigious foreign prizes. Phystech (the university) and phystechs (its old students) are strongly proud and helpful of each other.
MIPT was established on September 17, 1951 by Resolution №3517-1635 of the Soviet Cabinet of Ministers as the Department of Physics and Technology at the Lomonosov Moscow State University. The department began functioning on November 25, 1946. On October 1, 1951, the resolution was ratified by executive order of the Soviet Education Ministry. On November 2, 2009, MIPT was awarded the status of National Research University by the government of Russia.
A lot of MIPT professors are foremost Russian scientists, comprising more than 80 members of the Russian Academy of Sciences. From the beginning, MIPT has made use of a unique system for training professionals, referred to as the Phystech System, which merges fundamental science, engineering fields and student research. With a history rich in major events and old traditions, MIPT pays richly deserved attention to its symbols.
MIPT’s objective is to train leaders in science and technology, who are capable of solving crucial scientific and technical problems, and who will decide the success of the nation and humanity in the XXI century.
Worth of MIPT Scholarships from Russian Government
- The scholarship award for English-taught Bachelor program is 320 000 RUB (~$4300).
- The scholarship award for English-taught Masters program is 350 000 RUB (~$4700).
- While the scholarship award for English-taught PhD program is 375 000 RUB (~$5000).
Eligibility for MIPT Scholarships from Russian Government
- MIPT grants scholarship awards to exceptional international students who display the potential for higher academic performance.
- MIPT Scholarships are granted on a competitive basis.
How to Apply for MIPT Scholarships from Russian Government
- Submit an application to the Russian Federal Agency “Rossotrudnichestvo” in your nation of residence.
- Apply to MIPT. Foreign students must first apply to the program they wish to enrol. After admission into the chosen program, they will then be advised to apply for the scholarship award.
- Take part in MIPT Olympiad “Phystech.International”: en.phystech.international
The compulsory documents for application include:
- Application form with a photo (in color).
- Copy of passport that will be used to get into the Russian Federation. The passport must be valid for a minimum of 18 months after the presumed date of commencing the education program.
- Transcript of your past education (bachelor/specialist/master diploma) with the list of subjects studied and grades.
- Copy of the medical report verifying that you do not have any medical restrictions for studying in Russia. The document must be issued by an official body in the nation of your residence.
- Copy of medical report issued by an official body in the nation of your residence verifying that you are not living with HIV/AIDS.
Please be aware that ALL credentials must be translated into Russian, the translation should be notarized (certified by a notary).
For any further information concerning scholarship awards, please contact:
MIPT International Office
Tel: +7 (498) 713-9170
The application period is between December 1 – April 1 (early application is advised).
For more information, Visit here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Europe scholarships here