To participate in the MSc Scholarships in Data Science program in the UK, the University of Leeds is looking for high-achieving applicants.
The scholarship is available to help deserving domestic students start a Ph.D. program at the University of Leeds. The goal of the scholarship is to broaden the demographics of students enrolled in postgraduate conversion courses in data science and artificial intelligence. Each scholarship is worth £10k, which can be used to cover living expenses or tuition costs.
About the University of Leeds
Why enroll in classes at the University of Leeds? Students from all over the world can more than expect to receive the best university experience at Leeds. The great educational and recreational resources available to students here will ensure that they play as hard as they work.
In Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, the University of Leeds is a public research institution. The Yorkshire College of Science was founded there in 1874. It became Yorkshire College in 1884 after joining forces with the 1831-founded Leeds School of Medicine. In 1887, it merged with University College Liverpool to form the University of Liverpool, and Owens College to form the University of Manchester to form the federal Victoria University. King Edward VII bestowed a royal charter on the University of Leeds in 1904.
Leeds is the fifth-most popular university in the UK (behind Manchester, Edinburgh, University College London, and King’s College London) based on the number of undergraduate applications it receives each year. Leeds is the eleventh-largest university in the UK by total enrollment. In 2021–2022, Leeds earned £924.7 million, of which £177.3 million came from grants and contracts for research. With a financial endowment of £87.4 million (2022), the university ranks among the top twenty British universities.
In the 2021 Research Excellence Framework, Leeds was ranked eighth for its Research Power (a university’s grade point average multiplied by the number of full-time equivalent researchers submitted), and joint 20th (along with the University of Exeter) for the quality (GPA) of its research.
Leeds fell two spots in the rankings from 8th to 10th place between 2014 and 2015, making it the 10th most sought-after British institution by graduate employers.
Leeds was placed 153rd in the world according to the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. According to the CWTS Leiden Ranking, the university is ranked 84th worldwide. The 2023 QS World University Rankings place Leeds at number 86 globally (and number 13 in the UK). According to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, Leeds has also been awarded the best university in the country for 2017. According to the 2019 SCImago Institutions Rankings of institutions worldwide, it was rated 150th.
Each MSc Scholarship in Data Science is worth £10k, which may be applied to tuition or living expenses incurred while pursuing a degree.
Eligibility for MSc Scholarships in Data Science
- Eligible Nations: the UK
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: The Faculty of Environment will provide Ph.D. scholarships.
- Acceptable Standards: Students must be from at least one of the following underrepresented groups to be eligible for MSc Scholarships in Data Science, with the first four groups receiving priority: women, black students, registered disabled students, students from low socioeconomic backgrounds (Index of Multiple Disadvantage quintiles 1 and 2, low household income), experienced students, and estranged students. Students who identify as Gypsy, Roma, or Traveller may be refugees, children of military families, or former service members or their partners.
MSc Scholarships in Data Science – How to Apply
- You should first apply for a spot on the Master’s program at Leeds University before applying for MSc Scholarships in Data Science.
- Supporting Documents: You must provide a CV, a supporting statement (no more than one A4 page) outlining your motivation for applying for the project and how your talents align with its criteria, as well as your bachelor’s degree transcripts and diploma.
- Students from countries other than their own frequently need to fulfill certain English language requirements to enroll in university courses.
To Apply, Click Here
Deadline for Application
12 June 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.