The McDonald Fellowship allows fresh researchers from low- and middle-income nations to work in a research organization outside of their own nation.
Following the award, they expect applicants will be able to use the newly developed expertise and networks, continuing to undertake MS research and/or patient care in low- and middle-income countries.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here
Eligibility for MSIF McDonald Fellowship Program
All candidates must:
- Possess at least post-graduate level education (at least MSc, if possible Ph.D./MD) in an area applicable to multiple sclerosis
- Be nationals of a low- or middle-income nation (all nations with a low, lower-middle or upper-middle earnings as described by the World Bank)
- Center their research in an area significant to MS
MSIF McDonald Fellowship Program Benefits
The fellowship award comprises of a two-year grant, about £30,000 GBP each year, to provide travel and living expenses, and an extra contribution of £2,000 GBP each year to the host school. They require that a portion of the second-year award to the host institution will be used to provide the applicant’s costs to attend the yearly congress of ECTRIMS, the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS.
How to Apply for MSIF McDonald Fellowship Program
- Fill out all areas of the online application form
- The Host is required to supply a supporting statement at the end of the application
- Provide names and contact information of 3 referees, comprising the candidate’s present supervisor or employer
This is a combined application from the candidate and host. Prior to nomination, applicants are required to have identified an appropriate project and host supervisor at an institution outside of their own nation.
The application closing date, with the application form, reference letters, and supporting statement from the host, is 30 June 2020. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a decision to extend the closing date for the 2020 Research Awards round from June 30 to August 31. This concerns both Du Pré and McDonald Scholarship Awards.