Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia for 2022/2023
You are interested in pursuing an education in USA. Good news! Obama Foundation Scholars Program is currently ongoing application at University of Columbia. In this article, we will discuss more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is a fully-funded full-time leadership development program that brings rising leaders together from the United States and around the globe. Over the course of an academic year at the University of Columbia, Obama Foundation Scholars increase their knowledge and skills and build new abilities and networks to hasten their impact in their home countries.
After the completion of the program, Obama Foundation Scholars, enabled by their experience, return to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service.
The University of Columbia is a private Ivy League research university in New York City. It was founded in 1754 as King’s College on the grounds of Trinity Church in Manhattan. It is also the oldest institution of higher education in New York and the fifth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.
The university is one of nine colonial colleges established before the Declaration of Independence, seven of which belong to the Ivy League. Columbia is rated among the top universities in the world by major education publications.
It was created by royal charter under George II of Great Britain. The University of Columbia was renamed Columbia College in 1784 after the American Revolution, and in 1787 was placed under a private board of trustees headed by former students Alexander Hamilton and John Jay.
The campus was moved to its current location in Morningside Heights and renamed Columbia University in 1896. The University of Columbia is a founding member of the Association of American Universities and was the first school in the United States to grant the MD degree.
However, with more than 14.5 million volumes, the university Library is the third-largest private research library in the United States. The University of Columbia endowment stands at $14.35 billion in 2021, among the largest of any academic institution.
The University of Columbia received 60,551 applications for the class of 2025 (entering 2021) and a total of about 2,218 were admitted to the two schools for an overall acceptance rate of 3.66%. The university is a racially diverse school, with almost 52% of all students identifying themselves as persons of color.
The university is rated 2nd overall among U.S. national universities and 6th globally for 2021 by U.S. News & World Report. QS University Rankings listed the University of Columbia as 5th in the United States.
In 2015, the university was rated the first in the state by average professor salaries. In 2011, the Mines ParisTech: Professional Ranking of World Universities rated Columbia 3rd best university for forming CEOs in the US and 12th worldwide.
In 2021, the University of Columbia was rated 7th in the world (6th in the United States) by Academic Ranking of World Universities, 6th in the world by U.S. News & World Report, 19th in the world by QS World University Rankings, and 11th globally by Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
It was rated in the first tier of American research universities, along with Harvard, MIT, and Stanford, in the 2019 report from the Center for Measuring University Performance.
Worth of Obama Foundation Scholars Program
- The Obama Foundation Scholars Program covers monthly stipend to help with living expenses in New York City.
- It also provide for a furnished studio apartment within walking distance of the University.
- The scholarship will cover all tuition and fees for up to four courses at the University of Columbia.
- The Obama Foundation Scholars Program will cover air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities.
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the period of time of the program in New York City will also be provided.
Eligibility for Obama Foundation Scholars Program
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you must have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a displayed commitment to return to these communities after their completion of the program and apply their improved training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the interest of these communities.
- To be eligible, you have to be fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- You must also have the capacity and tendency to positively shape the future of their community.
- To be qualified for Obama Foundation Scholars Program, you must have a demonstrated commitment to unity, community-orientation, hope, imagination, courage, plan, accountability, integrity and power.
How to Apply for Obama Foundation Scholars Program
If you are interested in Obama Foundation Scholars Program and you are eligible for the scholarship, visit the official website to apply. You can also apply here.
Application Deadline for Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The application deadline for the scholarship is December 22, 2021.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here